Thread: Learning key

+1

Learning key

When I use the learning key...how does it actually work. Does it stop spark on one cylinder or fuel or what? Can you use the learning key while running my lc-1 o2 sensor and not ruin it?

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    the learning key simply limits the max rpm the ignition will operate at. If you exceed that rpm, the rev limiter will engage the same way it will when you exceed the max allowed rpm.

+1
    So the hole shot is same as the normal key?

+1
    Well thats good, just wanted to make sure. I never actually used it since I started modding the ski and just wanted to make sure...before i killed an o2 sensor.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    our old VW had a wood block screwed to the bottom of the gas pedal to prevent top speed operation..not that it kept me off the interstate back in the day. The learning key is just a bit more sophisticated then that.
    as far as a hole shot..well I doubt you'd see a good hole shot with a learning key. being a restriction device one might assume it would alter the engine performance curve to allow for a total newbie to stay out of trouble, so ask for a full power key if you think the owner is going to let you rip it on his 250 hp ski.

people don't read manuals, I often get asked about the "learning key" from first time customers with kids. ( my "keys made " sign outlines why you want a learning key on hand) Handy to use with beach lice who constantly bug you to take your new ski out for a spin.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    our old VW had a wood block screwed to the bottom of the gas pedal to prevent top speed operation..not that it kept me off the interstate back in the day. The learning key is just a bit more sophisticated then that.
    as far as a hole shot..well I doubt you'd see a good hole shot with a learning key. being a restriction device one might assume it would alter the engine performance curve to allow for a total newbie to stay out of trouble, so ask for a full power key if you think the owner is going to let you rip it on his 250 hp ski.

people don't read manuals, I often get asked about the "learning key" from first time customers with kids. ( my "keys made " sign outlines why you want a learning key on hand) Handy to use with beach lice who constantly bug you to take your new ski out for a spin.
    I am the owner of the ski

I plan to let my friends ride with learners key first fo they can get used to the ski. Just wanted to know if learners key will have same hole shot like the normal one. I don't realy want first timers to get "stressed" the very first time

Thread Information