2004 Gtx 4-tec Oil Light and Limp mode and Beep, Already changed the 2 switches

Hi, I bought a 2004 Gtx 4-Tec S/C with 180 hours on it a couple months. I took it out one afternoon and forgot to put the plugs in. This led to the ski filling up with water, which I drained as quickly as possible, however, the next day I took it out and it blew the ceramic washers. So, I ordered the rebuild kit for the super charger and I replaced everything and pulled the engine and cleaned it out using kerosene. Put it all back together and filled up the oil to the middle of the bend and took it out. But, now as soon as I get to 10 mph or 3000 rpm the check oil light comes on and a loud beep comes out. So from reading on here I found that they have faulty sensors so I decided to go out and buy two new ones. Just replaced them the other day with the new updated models and now it is still beeping and flashing. I tried to read the code on it but it reads "end". I don't know where to go from here... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Shawn

+1
    There is a oil reg at the bottom of the PTO housing ...

They can jam up and will cause oil pressure fault...

I have seen a heap of these play up ... Need to pull out , but engine needs to be pulled to get to ...

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    You need to plumb an accurate digital pressure gauge into either the block oil pressure sensor location (preferred), or in the port on the head to see if your pressure is within factory specs... or not. If it's not, and probably isn't.... since you replaced the pressure switch.... you'll need to check the rear pump closely & the pressure regulator located behind it.

Thanks man Ill be pulling it out... again.. hopefully in the next few weeks and Ill see if I can find it. When I put everything back together I may have miss placed something but I'm pretty sure I put everything back the way it was. Do you by chance know the part number on the oil regulator?

When inspecting the rear pump and pressure regulator what am I looking for exactly? Just anything out of the ordinary?

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    The regulator consists of several parts. Cage, piston, spring & pto bolt.

Okay Ill look into it. Thanks for the help and info Ill give an update after I pull the engine hopefully by next weekend.

+1
    When u install it , it has to be one by a torque wrench ...

Get hold of a manual , u can't stuff this up ... Also use a hex socket as a star socket and round it off ...

They can be a bit of a pain to get out ...

Hey guys. Sorry for the delay. I finally got to the motor and I pulled out the pto cover and found the oil regulator. However, before I started pulling it out I felt the oil pump and it was kinda hard to turnthen I remembered that I had used a regular toothed wrench to twist off the impellor thats attached at the end of the pump. So I may have over torqued it and now the pump wont spin. and I take it that can be a cause for the oil problems? If so should I take if in and have a shop screw,the impellor in?

Sorry, I meant to say to put back on the impeller. I might have over torqued it and now when the engine runs its hard to turn the oil pump.

Thread Information