Girls just wanna have fun! awarrick's Avatar
    +1

Vin/serial# s/c clutch upgrade question

Hey all, just made a deal on a '12 FX Sho dealer demo. I've been reading about these updated clutches and perhaps a silly question but I saw the post where it has serial#s relating to which skis had the updated clutch. (below)
    My Vin #ends with "0803984". I assume that part of the Vin# relates to the numbers below? Just wanted to be sure this was right before I pay the balance and p/u the ski.
    Speaking of upgrades, what do you guys think of adding the cleats (like the cruiser model has) for $350? That includes the installation. I'm kinda on the fence about it but the dealer said I could think about it over the summer and at the end of the season let him know if I wanted them or not and he'd still honor that price. (About $100 off) My thinking is, I've been fine for decades without them but they sure would come in handy but not sure it's worth it or not?

Here is the answer guys------------------This was a running change in mid year 2012 production skis. So only the very late 2012 will have the new clutch/gear set up in them. Only 2012 serial numbers "Higher" than on this list will come with the new gear set, `09~12 FZR up to Primary ID # F2R806400
    `09~12 FZS up to Primary ID # F2C808500
    `08~12 FX SHO up to Primary ID # F2S803100 Remember your 2012 ski serial # must be higher than this to have the latest gear /idler set.

+1
    I've never had cleats so I'd probably not yet them.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by awarrick View Post
    Hey all, just made a deal on a '12 FX Sho dealer demo. I've been reading about these updated clutches and perhaps a silly question but I saw the post where it has serial#s relating to which skis had the updated clutch. (below)
    My Vin #ends with "0803984". I assume that part of the Vin# relates to the numbers below? Just wanted to be sure this was right before I pay the balance and p/u the ski.
    Speaking of upgrades, what do you guys think of adding the cleats (like the cruiser model has) for $350? That includes the installation. I'm kinda on the fence about it but the dealer said I could think about it over the summer and at the end of the season let him know if I wanted them or not and he'd still honor that price. (About $100 off) My thinking is, I've been fine for decades without them but they sure would come in handy but not sure it's worth it or not?

Here is the answer guys------------------This was a running change in mid year 2012 production skis. So only the very late 2012 will have the new clutch/gear set up in them. Only 2012 serial numbers "Higher" than on this list will come with the new gear set, `09~12 FZR up to Primary ID # F2R806400
    `09~12 FZS up to Primary ID # F2C808500
    `08~12 FX SHO up to Primary ID # F2S803100 Remember your 2012 ski serial # must be higher than this to have the latest gear /idler set.
    I you have a fx sho and your first letters are F2S and the number is higher than 803100 you are good to go (12 FX SHO up to Primary ID # F2S803100 Remember your 2012 ski serial # must be higher than this to have the latest gear /idler set

I have an Fzs 2012 and I think I'm looking at the wrong number too. Mine starts with yama then numbers. It would be on my registration right.

+1
    Thats the hull number you are looking at. Look inside the motor compartment for a sticker on the inside of the hull. Tommy Jordan

yea so I just went and looked at all the stickers under the plastic engine cover still no numbers similar to those... All the numbers I see are broken up with a letter between... There is one that has a date says Manufactured in 1/12 so I'm guessing mine was one of the first of the year prob has the shitty clutch lol...

nevermind I'm an idiot and I found it now... I was looking at the engine like it might be there go figure...Thanks again...

Thread Information