+1

Question Questions on Compression

So I was reading Vmans thread on his exhaust valve issues (posted there also) .... but was wondering

1 - What readings are you guys getting on Compression for 1-2 year old 300x's (say 50-100 hrs) ?
    2- mine is about to turn 86 hrs old, never had compression test but requesting my dealer do it. Likeyhood or occurance of low compression that you have heard of?

I will say that I bought the 300 over the SC Seadoos becuase of the upgraded internals and reliabity...Vmans thread is def concerning, but hey maybe you guys will tell me otherwise

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    I've got 140+ hours.

Compression on my dealers gauge was initially 145. We've been monitoring this roughly every 30-40 hours. All three are now 150 PSI on his gauge. My dopey gauge shows around 130. They are all even though. If you are still pulling good RPM's but your gauge shows low, it's probably your gauge, like mine.

I also did a leakdown, it was only 5%.

If you have been following the maintenance schedule, fogging it after EVERY ride, and keeping the exhaust system as dry as possible, you should be fine.

Cheers, Mal.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pgh300x View Post
    So I was reading Vmans thread on his exhaust valve issues (posted there also) .... but was wondering

1 - What readings are you guys getting on Compression for 1-2 year old 300x's (say 50-100 hrs) ?
    2- mine is about to turn 86 hrs old, never had compression test but requesting my dealer do it. Likeyhood or occurance of low compression that you have heard of?

I will say that I bought the 300 over the SC Seadoos becuase of the upgraded internals and reliabity...Vmans thread is def concerning, but hey maybe you guys will tell me otherwise
    I may be a pessimst or maybe even a little paranoid, but there are some things that I would never trust the dealer's word or work on. Compression, leakdown, and valve clearance included. Just too many negative experiences for me, I guess...

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    I hear ya Vic. There are some I wouldn't either, but we have a really good one down here. For the record though, I did my own Leakdown and Compression (albeit my dopey compression gauge reads low).

Cheers.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanytoys View Post
    I hear ya Vic. There are some I wouldn't either, but we have a really good one down here. For the record though, I did my own Leakdown and Compression (albeit my dopey compression gauge reads low).

Cheers.
    We are not too well off with dealer mechanics here in the NE US. Lot of youth in the profession, all our dealers are in powersports or full blown boat marinas and skis are only a very small percentage of what they see on a daily basis.

Thread Information