Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Is it worth doing mods on a seadoo rxt is 260 (2010)

is it worth doing mods on one of these machines? if so what mods do you recommend?
    thanks

+1
    No !!!!been there done that the Is is a pain too mod

3. +1 by:

+1
    Not worth modding a I S ski.

It's too heavy and too hard to work on.

5. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by tezza View Post
    is it worth doing mods on one of these machines? if so what mods do you recommend?
    thanks
    A software upgrade will give you a nice difference!

I am considering doing this with a 2013 RXT-X aS 260. Please describe "nice difference" as detailed as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by VTECH.SE View Post
    A software upgrade will give you a nice difference!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeypwc View Post
    I am considering doing this with a 2013 RXT-X aS 260. Please describe "nice difference" as detailed as possible.
    In short, with a V-tech tune you:

Remove the GPS, RPM and torque limiters. Can choose what tunes you want from their menu system. By raising the RPMs you increase your power since you will be creating more boost with the super charger. I am running the 8375 tune which is as high as you can go with the stock valve train, but just having this tune makes the biggest difference. Your acceleration will feel 100x better and you will pull to top speeds much faster. You really have to experience for yourself to understand what I am talking about.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ATNryan View Post

Remove the GPS, RPM and torque limiters. Can choose what tunes you want from their menu system. By raising the RPMs you increase your power since you will be creating more boost with the super charger. I am running the 8375 tune which is as high as you can go with the stock valve train, but just having this tune makes the biggest difference. Your acceleration will feel 100x better and you will pull to top speeds much faster. You really have to experience for yourself to understand what I am talking about.
    I got an 08 rxtx that's itching to run you ski!!!! seeya soon brotha

How much of an increase in top speed can reasonably be expected?

Quote Originally Posted by ATNryan View Post

+1
    I have an 2012 RXT-X AS and as the other guys have said it is a pain to take the upper deck off to modify. I have what is basically the Riva Stage 4 Package on it. The only difference is I have a ETECH Supercharger and The Motec M1 ECU. I am seeing speeds between 80 and 82 depending on the Altitude and Temp.

While the ski is heavier, I find that it does tend to hook up a little better than the straight RXT X or RXP.

If you start approaching 80mph make sure you read the posts on GreenHulk about Pump Stuffing. It has been a problem for me. I am installing a Pressure Relief Kit to help with the problem.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeypwc View Post
    How much of an increase in top speed can reasonably be expected?
    On my 2012px, I went from the 68 gps completely stock to 73 with the vtech tune. However, I am not sure what your current speeds are with your ski being larger and heavier, but I guarantee you will see a good increase in speed. Midrange is where you really feel the tune pulling so much harder than stock.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information