Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Midwest City, OK
    Posts
    107

    1994 gts & 1995 HX motor swap

    Hi fellas, hope someone could help me a little. I'm about to pull a 717 from a 1995 Sea Doo HX & install it in my 1994 GTS three seater. The three seater had a 580 in it. I've done motor & brain swaps in Kawasakis before with success. But not much experience with Sea Doos. Especially with the design differences between these 2 sea Doos. Any suggestions? Comments? Snide remarks? Helpful hints?


  2. #2
    rhyne717xp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rocky Top Tennessee
    Posts
    304
    +1
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanwoodard View Post
    Hi fellas, hope someone could help me a little. I'm about to pull a 717 from a 1995 Sea Doo HX & install it in my 1994 GTS three seater. The three seater had a 580 in it. I've done motor & brain swaps in Kawasakis before with success. But not much experience with Sea Doos. Especially with the design differences between these 2 sea Doos. Any suggestions? Comments? Snide remarks? Helpful hints?
    You should be able to do the swap, I do think you would have to get a mpem module to match the 717 engine being that the gts had a 580. the 657s and 720s will interchange on electrics but the 580's wont for some reason. On the back of any 717 mpem it reads " do not use on a 580 engine or damage will occur"

    The motor should drop right in on the same motor mounts, You should use the 717 exhuast pipe, and carbs, and electrics.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Midwest City, OK
    Posts
    107
    Thank you. I have the MPEM for the 717. So I'll be sure & use it. I appreciate the info.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Midwest City, OK
    Posts
    107
    Would anyone happen to know why I would have what looks to be a 2nd vacuum nipple on the opposite side of my carbs from the original one? I've not found it in any diagrams, pictures, or repair manuals. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364685311.374833.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	189.3 KB 
ID:	296408
    The one on the left is what I'm talking about.

  5. #5
    rhyne717xp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rocky Top Tennessee
    Posts
    304
    +1
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanwoodard View Post
    Would anyone happen to know why I would have what looks to be a 2nd vacuum nipple on the opposite side of my carbs from the original one? I've not found it in any diagrams, pictures, or repair manuals. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364685311.374833.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	189.3 KB 
ID:	296408
    The one on the left is what I'm talking about.
    Looks like an extra pulse nipple, to run dual fuel pumps...

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Midwest City, OK
    Posts
    107
    Can I tie it to the other vacuum line? Or just block it off? Thanks for all your help

  7. #7
    rhyne717xp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rocky Top Tennessee
    Posts
    304
    +1
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanwoodard View Post
    Can I tie it to the other vacuum line? Or just block it off? Thanks for all your help
    I wouldn't tie them together, block it off. I would be concerned why an extra pulse nipple is there. Is the engine heavily modified/ported? Some modified engines need more fuel delivery. Some people would bypass the fuel valve and run the reserve pick up to one carb with fuel pump, and run the on pick up to another. You would need another mag type carb to run it this way.

  8. #8
    Seakid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    442
    +1
    9
    My don't have extra like that.

  9. #9
    rhyne717xp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rocky Top Tennessee
    Posts
    304
    +1
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Seakid View Post
    My don't have extra like that.
    A factory engine doesn't have two pulse nipples, they can be added for more fuel demand.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Midwest City, OK
    Posts
    107
    Thanks again. I'm going to block it off & hope it works. It doesn't appear to be modified at all with the exception of the extra pulse line. The carbs have only one pump on them, so I'll try them & hope they work

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. motor swap
    By amdeus in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-28-2007, 01:56 PM
  2. SL650 to SL750 motor swap problem?
    By delagem in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-12-2007, 09:26 PM
  3. Motor Swap on speedster
    By DeeGee in forum Sea Doo Sport Boats
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-21-2006, 07:23 PM
  4. seadoo hx engine swap
    By wedoseadoo in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-27-2006, 01:12 PM
  5. RXP/RXT motor swap to GTX SC?
    By 01xdime in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-07-2005, 08:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •