Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Doe Seadoo Superchargers have "Pulleys"?

Im a car guy and have an addiction to superchargers and that intoxicating whine you hear at higher RPMs

Since im picking up a GTR215 next week im trying to learn as much as i can about it. Doing some googling it looks like the supercharger doesnt have a pulley like a traditional blower. Does that mean it spins directly off the crank shaft?

I have only ever riden my uncles 215 and rxp 260 for a brief time and never at WOT out of respect for his skis. Can you hear the whine at higher RPMs? if not will an intake amplify the sound?

Even if it doesnt would you recommend a CAI? my cars with blowers have always benefited from CAI for obvious reasons!

Thanks guys! cannot wait to get her out on the water

+1
    No , runs straight of ring gear of crank ...

Have fun ...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 3PedalMINI View Post
    Im a car guy and have an addiction to superchargers and that intoxicating whine you hear at higher RPMs

Since im picking up a GTR215 next week im trying to learn as much as i can about it. Doing some googling it looks like the supercharger doesnt have a pulley like a traditional blower. Does that mean it spins directly off the crank shaft?It is actually driven off the flywheel gear

I have only ever riden my uncles 215 and rxp 260 for a brief time and never at WOT out of respect for his skis. Can you hear the whine at higher RPMs? if not will an intake amplify the sound?Yes you can hear it a higher RPMs BUT to get what your after then you will want to go with a rear air intake or a 4 inch front intake with the filter element under the handlebars

Even if it doesnt would you recommend a CAI? my cars with blowers have always benefited from CAI for obvious reasons!

Thanks guys! cannot wait to get her out on the water
    Yes i would recommend a CAI...like stated above a 4 inch front air intake or rear air will not only amplify the Scer whine,it will also help performance wise..

Welcome to GH and Happy Easter..

+1
    its a centrifugal Supercharger. and you will definitely hear the blower they arent too loud on the 215's but if you run an intake and maybe a lil more boost youll get a nice whine out of it not much though. Whichever mod you do first im pretty sure will give you the mod-bug so youll be sicker than a dog orderin parts for it soon enough!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Boost-A-Holic View Post
    its a centrifugal Supercharger. and you will definitely hear the blower they arent too loud on the 215's but if you run an intake and maybe a lil more boost youll get a nice whine out of it not much though. Whichever mod you do first im pretty sure will give you the mod-bug so youll be sicker than a dog orderin parts for it soon enough!
    So true, its sad how a simple intake leads to thousands in mods because of that damn bug!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ATNryan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boost-A-Holic View Post
    So true, its sad how a simple intake leads to thousands in mods because of that damn bug!
    i keep telling myself this is the last thing its all i need.....and then i find something else and i somehow convince myself i need it.

+1
    its a sickness ........ trust me.....

+1
    What is the cure for ths sickness????? Oh yes I forgot, more BOOST right? Have fun and welcome to the forum.

+1
    Supercharged skis were made to run wot all day long.

Out of respect for the ski gag it and don't let up....

+1
    Good ski! After I did intake I could hear the whine better. Will def hear it when I go ET137!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information