+1

Intake Grate I.D.

Hey GH,

My ski was purchased used last fall from a dealer (no contact with previous owner) and apparently it has an aftermarket intake grate.

So, first question is, with the picture below, can anyone identify which grate this is?

Secondly, the impeller boot has come off the front of the impeller. The OEM diagram says that it needs oil applied to the front and back of it, but my question is, with that boot off, did water contaminate the oil pack in the cone? Can I simply slide it back on or does the whole impeller assy need to come off and re packed with grease?

Thanks guys!

+1
    looks like a worx grate.. could be mistaken... as far as that boot goes.. you should remove it before it walks up your driveshaft .. i dont run one

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TangoDown View Post
    Hey GH,

My ski was purchased used last fall from a dealer (no contact with previous owner) and apparently it has an aftermarket intake grate.

So, first question is, with the picture below, can anyone identify which grate this is?

Secondly, the impeller boot has come off the front of the impeller. The OEM diagram says that it needs oil applied to the front and back of it, but my question is, with that boot off, did water contaminate the oil pack in the cone? Can I simply slide it back on or does the whole impeller assy need to come off and re packed with grease?

Thanks guys!

Thats Definately an R&d grate.(good all around grate. You don't have to run that impeller boot but if you do.. Put some silicone (ritestuff) on it when you reinstall it and it should stay.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturm215 View Post
    Hey GH,

Thanks guys!
    Thats Definately an R&d grate.(good all around grate. You don't have to run that impeller boot but if you do.. Put some silicone (ritestuff) on it when you reinstall it and it should stay.
    Id say R&D also..

Are you talking about.. The right stuff rtv silicone? If so how much do you put on ? Enough to make it ooze out when you tighten the screws??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mattydipps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturm215 View Post
    Hey GH,

Thanks guys!
    Id say R&D also..

Are you talking about.. The right stuff rtv silicone? If so how much do you put on ? Enough to make it ooze out when you tighten the screws??
    we are talking about the rubber boot that goes on the end of the impeller the driveshaft goes into .. no screws it screws on it's self.. and just a small bead all the way around should do it. yes rightstuff 1 min sealant..

Autism Speaks. Its Time To Listen gOt BoOsT's Avatar
    +1
    thats a r&d imo. you should pull the pump to remove/reinstall the nose cone and make sure your prop is tight.

Thread Information