Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

gp1200r stalled will idle but wont go

So I was riding my ski today and the low gas warning came on. Shortly after I was reduced to a idle, could not get it to go. When I pressed the gas it would rev up making a high pitched sound. I had to start it and let it idle to get back to shore. Is this normal when you run low on fuel? This ski has had alot of work done to it and had a new motor. Seems like its always something. Scared to ask my friends to come out because I never know if my ski is gonna fail. Are jet ski's really this finicky?

I actually had my go pro camera on and here is the video when my ski stalled. Any ideas?

Here is the youtube video

+1
    I couldn't view the video at this time. what you are describing sounds like a stripped intermediate shaft not a fuel problem.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by drooh View Post
    So I was riding my ski today and the low gas warning came on. Shortly after I was reduced to a idle, could not get it to go. When I pressed the gas it would rev up making a high pitched sound. I had to start it and let it idle to get back to shore. Is this normal when you run low on fuel? This ski has had alot of work done to it and had a new motor. Seems like its always something. Scared to ask my friends to come out because I never know if my ski is gonna fail. Are jet ski's really this finicky?

I actually had my go pro camera on and here is the video when my ski stalled. Any ideas?

Here is the youtube video
    If the ski did not move at all you have a stripped intermediate or drive shaft. If it move at idle but cavitates bad when giving it throttle you have weeds in the intake or a twig or something stuck between the impeller and liner.

Banned User
    +1
    Depends what is done to the ski as far as mods will make it reliable or not. Another big thing to look at is who did the work, craftsmanship , and parts used. Check out what these two guys have stated on your immediate problem.

what does it take and cost to get a stripped intermediate shaft fixed? Seems like its always something. Do most people have this many problems?

I was able to start it and let it idle me to shore, but if I gave it gas it would rev up real high and do nothing

Banned User
    +1
    Your in Texas look up some of the Texas guys. There's a bunch of them that know their shit

Just looked underneath and it looks all clear, no weeds or junk underneath in the intake

were you able to watch the video?

if i was able to idle to shore, meaning i was moving forward would that still mean stripped intermediate shaft? I looked underneath but dont see anything.

Banned User
    +1
    Stupid question but is your prop on tight? Did you check driveshaft nd intermediate shaft

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information