Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

WTB Karavan WCA 1250-39 (2 place trailer that can be turned to one) dealer in NJ??

Adding a second ski I need to figure out a two place trailer. Due to storage issues I have to go with this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Double-or-Si...b819e9&vxp=mtr I'm in southern NJ about 10 miles away from Philly and cannot find a dealer. I called dealers up to 3 hours away and they have no idea this trailer even exists and say it can take up to 10 to 12 weeks to get a custom trailer made how can you be a dealer and not even know this exists ? Anyway, does anyone know of a dealer or someplace in the metro east that sells them?

ill be down in Virginia Beach in two weeks to pick up my ski so If there is a dealer in VA that might work too.

really would like to figure this out sooner ether then later. Dealers all over Florida know about them and can sell them but i can't get down there due to work for quite some time. Called the eBay seller and shipping is between 6-800 bucks

thanks!!

+1
    I did some research a while back into the same issue. I found that the Combo 2-place trailer that converts .... was way to wide overall. I also found that in the long run it was much cheaper to additionally purchase a second trailer & make sure it was a 2-place trailer. When I have the need for huling 2 skis I just pull out the 2place ... when storing the skis inside the separate trailers allowed for much more flexiability with regards to placing the skis where they fit in my garage. There are some in-expensive 2place trailers to be had out there starting around $500 & up. Good Luck. P.S. For what you would be getting on the super fancy conversion-2 place does not justify the expense. Even with two seprate registered trailers my total cost was still much less. Good Luck :

+1
    Believe me, if I could get a two place trailer and make it work I would LOVE to. I have tried to figure out how to make it work but I have absolutely no place to store it. Also there won't be to many times that the two skis would be separated. If only my lot was a little bit bigger a storage place is out of the question due to monthly rental costs

Before buying the second ski I probably should have figured out the trailer issue lol

did you try calling karavan direct and have them steer you to a dealer willing to help?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    did you try calling karavan direct and have them steer you to a dealer willing to help?
    Yeah i did actually, really weren't much help at all. Pointed me to the area rep/distributor in NY and they didnt know it existed either! At this point i think im going to have to drive down to florida to pick it up or figure out shipping somehow. I have one more dealer in Connecticut that is supposed to call me back tomorrow that knows what it is, just didn't have a price in his book.

Hopefully they have something for me, really cant believe how difficult its been to track this trailer down. I wish other companies would come up with something similar.

I'm with the cool kids Mowerpan's Avatar
    +1
    I can call my dealer here in Florida I bought mine from and see if they could help get one up their for ya. This trailer is no wider than a standard double trailer as both singles are narrower than the standard singles. I have the trailer and it fits in my 1.25 car garage with room on the sides.

+1
    I'm going to pick mine up next Friday from a dealer in NC. I'm in Northern Virginia (Leesburg) and he even agreed to meet me half way for $200. $1900 OTD! I'm having the same storage problem as you. The double Loadrite I have now won't fit through my garage door. I have a two car garage but separate doors. It's about 4" too wide to fit. Let me know if you're still in need and I'll give you their info.

+1
    Wow awesome deal. Had to drive three hours away and through the center of NYC to get one. Talk about sweating a storm pulling that trailer through NYC traffic. I'm good with trailers and traffic never bothers me but man was that tough

Hell of a deal u got. Cheapest local dealer (there were not many) was 3350 went straight to the distributor and paid 2150+ ttr which I thought was fair considering. Great dealer to work with too.

Trailers are Extremely well built, my only complant was have to adjust the axels which was a total pita, second one went a bit quicker but man was that a bitch. I also had to extend the wheel well marker light wires because Karavan didn't leave any extra which I was shocked about (moved it foward) I'm sure you will have todo the same. Putting them together with the skis on it is a bit of a challenge but not to bad if you have help. Trick I found was to put a board on the inside tire so when you drag the second trailer up to it it stops it. Get it close enough to the first trailer, lock in the rear connector on the first one and then go to the tongue and swing the rear of the second trailer into the plate and lock it in.

The front connector is not nearly as tricky as I thought it would be. Takes about 35 minutes to put together when it's all said and done I'm sure that will get quicker as the summer goes on.

Mine didn't come with led tail lights for some reason, not that big of deal but still shocked at that as all the marker lights are. All In all I'm very pleased with the trailers!

+1
    Thanks for the info! I was wondering how long it was gonna take to put them together. Still....beats the hell out of what i've been doing. I've dragging each ski off my Loadrite and onto separate stands in order to put them in my garage. I posted some pics in the "show off your Yamaha" thread. My dealer is out of Shelby NC. Agreed to meet me half way in Roanoke Va. The price of $1900 plus $200 to meet half way includes a trailer jack-stand for each trailer as well. Do you have some pics to post up here? Have you considered a storage box of some sort? Thanks again!

+1
    no pics but will take some the next time im putting them together/taking them apart. sliding them on/off is a total PITA, you will love these trailers

No storage box, i have been trying to figure out a way to attach one that would be light enough to remove every time you pull the trailers apart, not to mention a quick disconnect fastening system. really need a box, would make going to the inlet so much nicer/easier. i saw this box at sams club and its really well built and is very "lite"

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/150-gal...prod8340178.ip

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information