Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

R3 void warranty?

If I buy an r3 and I have problems with my jetski and I swap my stock one back in place would the dealer be able to tell me I had a reflash on it? I knw about the hrs in the dash would not match but is there any way to match then again? Thanks

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dairon2180 View Post
    If I buy an r3 and I have problems with my jetski and I swap my stock one back in place would the dealer be able to tell me I had a reflash on it? I knw about the hrs in the dash would not match but is there any way to match then again? Thanks
    Your ecu stores hours so if you have yours sitting for a year then put it back your ecu will show different hours then you dash. That's if they look for that.

Banned User
    +1
    If they check your cluster and computer yes your fu...ed. Just buy the dam flash dude motor is not gonna break keep it stock wheel.

+1
    Any ecu change will void warranty. From my own experience as well as people who I know who tried to put the stock one back in, they knew that the ecu had been switched because of the runtime data.

+1
    really IMO if you cant pay to fix it when in breaks don't do mods... I am going to do an R3 but I want to get more than 5 hours on my ski before I do to make sure there are no issues before voiding my warranty.

Banned User
    +1
    They will only check your runtime data if you break the motor, for regular maintenance or clutch and small warranty problems they dont check none of that.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by yamahamiamiski View Post
    Any ecu change will void warranty. From my own experience as well as people who I know who tried to put the stock one back in, they knew that the ecu had been switched because of the runtime data.
    Did you blow your ski ? Or was it just a clutch issue ?

+1
    ya...if it's only a clutch problem then they will not check the ecu. Anything with the engine, then yes they will check. As for me it was an engine problem.... had to replace #2 and #3 piston after riding ski hard on a very cold day with no afr gauge. I learned my lesson and now have an afr gauge on deck with new setup. While they were in there I also swapped my 08-09 clutch (was still fine) for a 2013 clutch.

I am planing to keep the stock wheel on it ... but like i said is there any way of changing those hrs on the cluster to match the stock ecu ?

+1
    If there is, I haven't heard of anyone or any way to do it or I would have. Maybe disconnect the odometer on the ski before putting in reflash...that's the only way I can think of.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information