Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Trailer Choices...

My city does not let me keep my trailer in my driveway. I do not want to pay for a garage and a fence out back, so i have been looking for options on double trailers that will fit the RXT and the GPR and still fit through my single garage door. So far I have found this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB..._promot_widget

Basically I am wondering if anyone has any expierence with these trailers? My options are narrowing, coming down to a new trailer or moving. Seriously.

What do you all think? It has a GVWR of 2000 lbs, more than th 2 skis fully loaded weigh, so itll hold them.

Thanks!

How wide is the door??? The RXT is about 47" wide, The GP about 46". I think the ski width is the issue... IMO

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pettee View Post
    My city does not let me keep my trailer in my driveway. I do not want to pay for a garage and a fence out back, so i have been looking for options on double trailers that will fit the RXT and the GPR and still fit through my single garage door. So far I have found this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB..._promot_widget

Basically I am wondering if anyone has any expierence with these trailers? My options are narrowing, coming down to a new trailer or moving. Seriously.

What do you all think? It has a GVWR of 2000 lbs, more than th 2 skis fully loaded weigh, so itll hold them.

Thanks!

That trailer will not hold your ski's....
    How wide is the door?
    if you can find a place that will store you TRAILER outside, the do it...But pull your ski's onto some PWC stands in the garage...

Thats just my opinion...

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    That trailer will not hold your ski's....
    How wide is the door?
    if you can find a place that will store you TRAILER outside, the do it...But pull your ski's onto some PWC stands in the garage...

Thats just my opinion...
    Here is a stand that I have made, been workign for 3 years now...

http://www.theudells.com/PWC/gallery.../PWC_stand.htm

+1
    Last winter I stored my skis in storage just to get them out of the garage. The trailer is a 97 Shoreland'r, and it almost EXACTLY 8' wide. I owned 2 Kawasakis then and had to tilt both of them to get the trailer in the 8' door at the storage facility. I now own 2 GPR's and there is NO WAY I could have gotten them in the 8' door. If I was to guess the edge of the ski extends past the tire about 5-6". Like has been said, its not the trailer width that is the problem its the ski width. If you are the least bit handy with a shovel and a hammer I would build the minimal amount of fence required and put the skis out back.

Ill measure my door on lunch.

I could put a gate in, but I dont want them sitting in my back yard with the ally, because I dont want to have to drive down the alley to back the trailer in (narrow ally, not enough room to even turn my jeep in)

Basically, I want them in my front driveway covered or in the garage.

I have them on stands right now, one on a stand, one on a beach cart in the garage. My trailer is stored out at my moms BF's house. I dont like having to go out there, get it, bring it home, load the skis, ride, unload, bring it back out there, come home, well you all get the picture.

If the door wont fit them ill end up selling and moving. Not a big deal, just figured I would weigh my options first.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pettee View Post
    Ill measure my door on lunch.

I could put a gate in, but I dont want them sitting in my back yard with the ally, because I dont want to have to drive down the alley to back the trailer in (narrow ally, not enough room to even turn my jeep in)

Basically, I want them in my front driveway covered or in the garage.

I have them on stands right now, one on a stand, one on a beach cart in the garage. My trailer is stored out at my moms BF's house. I dont like having to go out there, get it, bring it home, load the skis, ride, unload, bring it back out there, come home, well you all get the picture.

If the door wont fit them ill end up selling and moving. Not a big deal, just figured I would weigh my options first.

Maybe its time to move....you can never bank on mom's BF always being there...

Yeah thats what Im thinking. Gotta wait till August for the two year mark which sucks.

Thanks for all the input guys.

I put my Tritojn elite double in a single wide garage door with no problems.

About 2" on each outside of each tire to spare..........

+1
    The maximum width for trailer is 102" without special lisences, "Oversized Load" or "Wide Load". If you have a single garage door or a garage at an apartment the door opening is 108" wide. The trailer will fit in the opening but is very difficult to back it in. My trailer measure 102" wide, the apartment garage is 108", but I have a weather strip that takes off 1" on both sides. I clear the garage opening by 2" on either side.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information