Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Water in 2012 VXR hull

Hello all,

I am wondering if any other VXR owners get water in their hull. I have noticed when I am flushing my ski that a little bit of water is gathered usually at the back of the ski. The plugs at the back are tight. This happens without going into the ocean or hitting crazy waves. Just a regular ride up and down the intracoastal will produce some water. The ski is under warranty and I have an appointment to get it checked out but I was just wondering if anyone else gets water in their hull or if it is bone dry after a ride??

+1
    I am pretty sure everyone is getting a little even with a regular ride I know I do but very little.

+1
    I have water in the hull after every ride even in the smoothest water. It appears that it's forced in at high speeds from the ride plate or intake grate inserts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    I have water in the hull after every ride even in the smoothest water. It appears that it's forced in at high speeds from the ride plate or intake grate inserts.
    I get a little bit of water in mine too. And I think the reason you mention here as to the cause is probably correct. JB

+1
    I use a wet dry to suck it out. It's become just another step in my post ride maintenance.

Just bought a 2013 VXR and am hoping that it does not get water in the hull. I have had 3 Seadoo's in the past 10 years and still have my 2008 RXT-X and none of them have ever had any water in the hull, so I find it rather unacceptable to have any unless you are having lots of water go over the bow.

Cheers

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hancop View Post
    Just bought a 2013 VXR and am hoping that it does not get water in the hull. I have had 3 Seadoo's in the past 10 years and still have my 2008 RXT-X and none of them have ever had any water in the hull, so I find it rather unacceptable to have any unless you are having lots of water go over the bow.

Cheers
    I fully agree, please post back and let me know if you get any in your 2013.

Thanks all for your responses, anyone else know where the water gets in from or has fixed the issue? I am extremely hesitant to take it to the dealer as they usually screw up more then what they fix and I do have a wet / dry vac ready to take over The other day I cleaned the inside compartment with salt away and I was surprised to see a salt accumulating under my fuel tank. I have sprayed fluid film all over my engine and other components so I know they are all protected but I would prefer a sealed hull

It's only a couple of Tablespoons of water . . . not a big deal. I dish rag wipes it all up. JB

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by themarklar View Post
    I fully agree, please post back and let me know if you get any in your 2013.

Thanks all for your responses, anyone else know where the water gets in from or has fixed the issue? I am extremely hesitant to take it to the dealer as they usually screw up more then what they fix and I do have a wet / dry vac ready to take over The other day I cleaned the inside compartment with salt away and I was surprised to see a salt accumulating under my fuel tank. I have sprayed fluid film all over my engine and other components so I know they are all protected but I would prefer a sealed hull
    Got 2013 vxr and always water in the hull after a day out! Worst thing is the seat holds a lot of water and makes it very heavy, they won’t do anything under warranty; Yamaha said its normal…..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vxsport View Post
    Got 2013 vxr and always water in the hull after a day out! Worst thing is the seat holds a lot of water and makes it very heavy, they won’t do anything under warranty; Yamaha said its normal…..
    Thanks vxsport. I will cancel my visit to the dealer and just deal with it myself. I feel better knowing its not just mine. Apart from that I LOVE my VXR!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information