Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

12 gtr or 13 gtr

Hi guys, I'm new here and I have been reading up on the gtr posts on here because I'm looking into buying one. I have found a couple left over gtr's and I'm wondering two things, has there been any issues with the 12 gtr's that they might have fixed in 13? And how much do you guys think I could get a left over for? I'm going to start at 10000 cash with trailer and hope to end up at 10500 with trailer. Will be paying cash which I think helps but I'm not sure how much I should expect to save buying a left over...

+1
    You'd save a good amount by buying a left over model. However, I don't believe in buying brand new skis so I can't really tell you what to do here.

+1
    You can save some money by buying a left over but remember it is now one model year old. I strongly suggest buying around your local boat show. You will generally get a longer warranty period at no extra charge which will save you lots more than just buying a new ski and having to get an extended warranty later. I have a 2012 GTR that my wife rides and she loves it. Got it with 4 year warranty.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vtrider View Post
    Will be paying cash which I think helps...
    LOL... I love this saying...

Paying cash as opposed to what? Gold bricks?

Dealerships aren't banks. They are not loaning you the money to buy this ski. All the dealership is doing is reaching out to local and nationwide financial institutions to see if they will loan you the money. At the end of the day the dealership will be paid in full by either you or the bank they set you up with. In fact some dealers actually make more money when you finance because the banks will sometimes give kick backs for the referral.

Sorry to get off topic but its just a pet peeve I have.

Anyways... Friend of mine bought a brand new '12GTR back in June of '12 for $12k out the door No trailer.

I would think anything under $11k out the door with trailer would be a pretty solid deal.

5. +1 by:

I bought my ski at cost at the end of the season/year. Saved about 4k off original price. They even showed me their price sheet showing how much they, the dealer paid for the skis. For anyone who is wondering there is about a 3-5k mark up on every model.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxt260_IS View Post
    I bought my ski at cost at the end of the season/year. Saved about 4k off original price. They even showed me their price sheet showing how much they, the dealer paid for the skis. For anyone who is wondering there is about a 3-5k mark up on every model.
    Uh, no there isnt...I can guarantee you of that....Your dealer probably showed you HIS price sheet with all kinds of bloated fees and junk then sold it to you with out all that crap and made you think there was that much mark up.....Besides, if there is a 3 to 5k markup and you got your RXT IS at cost, then you should have paid around 9000 for it?????

Thanks for the replies, unfortunately I just missed our boat show....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vtrider View Post
    Thanks for the replies, unfortunately I just missed our boat show....
    VT rider---Vermont???

If you were closer to here I might be able to help but it wouldnt be worth the drive....

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    VT rider---Vermont???

If you were closer to here I might be able to help but it wouldnt be worth the drive....
    Yeah, northern Vermont

+1
    I paid full price but got 4 yr warrenty (boat show) and had them throw in the trailer. As far as changing anything there really is no issues with the 12, except my engine was mis-aligned.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information