Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Seadoo Key Pain in the Ass

Going out to purchase a new RXP-X in the next week or two. My wife loves the p-x (I'm more a Yami guy but like it too) and she can have whatever she wants so that is what I am getting for her.

One thing about the Seadoos neither of us like is the key. To just turn on the ignition, put it in sport mode and all the other stuff is just a pain in the ass. I did a search but couldn't find anything on the subject of re-programming the key or ECU so that it is a simple plug the key in and you are ready to hit the start button in sport mode.

Any way to do this or just something we will have to live with? My recollection is that the system goes into sleep mode after a minute also before you have to remove the key and have to stick it back in to wake it up (ugh).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceC View Post
    Going out to purchase a new RXP-X in the next week or two. My wife loves the p-x (I'm more a Yami guy but like it too) and she can have whatever she wants so that is what I am getting for her.

One thing about the Seadoos neither of us like is the key. To just turn on the ignition, put it in sport mode and all the other stuff is just a pain in the ass. I did a search but couldn't find anything on the subject of re-programming the key or ECU so that it is a simple plug the key in and you are ready to hit the start button in sport mode.

Any way to do this or just something we will have to live with? My recollection is that the system goes into sleep mode after a minute also before you have to remove the key and have to stick it back in to wake it up (ugh).
    Have you looked at one of the 80+mph skis for sale here? They're always in sport mode If you're/she's set on that ski then talk to V-Tech about what you're trying to accomplish.

To much is never enough Badvgood's Avatar
    +1
    The new Riva / Athena ECU lets you start the ski in sports mode. It's available in the GH Store.

4. +1 by:

+1
    So does the V tech reflash ....

6. +1 by:

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Some of these ski's start right up by putting the key on, and hitting the start button. Some need to be "woken up" first..... not sure why some are different than others.

Either way it's an awesome ski...... you'll enjoy looking at the back of it all the time

8. +1 by:

+1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by spouk3 View Post

Don't bother with that waste ^.....you might need to get BUDS updated. New update fixed this issue on alot of skis. Mine used to be a pain now its just put on and hit start, I have the new version. But that is for the wake up and start-not sport. I have vtech for that.

+1
    Get the most recent seadoo update.
    It's free and I've seen it become plug n play like the older doos.
    The update is free and all you need to do is give the dealership your vin #

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by surferd15 View Post
    Don't bother with that waste ^.....you might need to get BUDS updated. New update fixed this issue on alot of skis. Mine used to be a pain now its just put on and hit start, I have the new version. But that is for the wake up and start-not sport. I have vtech for that.
    I have all three...SCOM sucks, doesn't start in sport mode even with flash. Riva-Athena...well I'm working with It now and it has it's share of bugs to be worked out for the moment. I'd go with VTech if you want life to be easy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceC View Post

Just FYI the 12 PX doesn't like to be ridden sub 35ish mph. If she doesn't like to go fast most of the time she will probably not deal well with it. Highly recommend test ride...it is a different ride.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information