Might buy this ultra...Opinions!

I'm thinking of buying this ultra. Had two previous ultras and they are now both sold. The guy said he cannot remove the jet pump and it's seized ( well it was used in salt water and probably never greased or replaced the bearing and they are always hard to get off). He got it off his neighbor and they both know nothing about the ultra 150. Said the impeller is wedged against the housing. So to me that sounds like the bearings went and was shot.

i can get a used jet pump, housing, impeller, everything for about $250. Let me know what you guys think. He said he moved the motor up from the driveshaft and started right up and sounded great.

http://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/boa/3716737461.html

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by xxpaul17xx View Post
    I'm thinking of buying this ultra. Had two previous ultras and they are now both sold. The guy said he cannot remove the jet pump and it's seized ( well it was used in salt water and probably never greased or replaced the bearing and they are always hard to get off). He got it off his neighbor and they both know nothing about the ultra 150. Said the impeller is wedged against the housing. So to me that sounds like the bearings went and was shot.

i can get a used jet pump, housing, impeller, everything for about $250. Let me know what you guys think. He said he moved the motor up from the driveshaft and started right up and sounded great.

http://jerseyshore.craigslist.org/boa/3716737461.html
    Looks like junk. How do they know it runs good with a seized pump. No title?
    Hard to say if its worth anything for if the motor is trashed, they are looking for someone to haul it away.

+1
    I won't buy any boat without a valid, transferable title.

That said, I'd take a battery pack and do a compression test and check the electrical stuff. The price would be dependent on the condition after looking it over carefully.

Keep in mind that Ultra 150 hulls are plentiful, good engines are scarce and expensive.

Well usually I wouldn't either. But he got it off his neighbor and has the old registration card and said I could talk with him about it too, and in New Jersey, they do not accept titles to register a boat or pwc, just a notorized bill of sale from the previous owner/person it was registered to.

Steve45 is correct,the ultra engines are finicky and expensive to fix.I've bought one before that had rebuilt everything and still couldn't get to run right.

Did you buy it? How did it work out?

Thread Information