Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    YellowGTO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    174
    +1
    8

    Anyone use CRC Heavy Duty Corrosion Inhibitor

    I was reading some boat forums and a few guys swear by coating anything that sits in the water with this stuff. I was wondering if I could spray this stuff all over the jet?


  2. #2
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,049
    +1
    238
    Yes

  3. +1 by:


  4. #3
    YellowGTO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    174
    +1
    8
    Thanks

  5. #4
    brisyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    681
    +1
    59
    fluid film is pretty good, for myself i'm using Gunk silicone spray instead of oil everywhere in the engine bay and pulley, it leave a dry coating on surface that protect from rust. i've been using it for 3 years now and i never had any rust at all

  6. #5
    jimmy71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    672
    +1
    115
    Anything lanolin based seems to work the best this way.

  7. #6
    YellowGTO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    174
    +1
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by brisyl View Post
    fluid film is pretty good, for myself i'm using Gunk silicone spray instead of oil everywhere in the engine bay and pulley, it leave a dry coating on surface that protect from rust. i've been using it for 3 years now and i never had any rust at all
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy71 View Post
    Anything lanolin based seems to work the best this way.
    I have the normal CRC stuff for the inside, this heavy duty stuff is supposed to go on like paint, when it starts to wear down you can see it change color and you just add more. Its only for the stuff that will be completely submerged.

    http://www.amazon.com/CRC-06026-Heav...owViewpoints=1

    I actually found it, because I was researching if there is anything I can put on my ski when I leave it in the water for a few days on the Bimini trip

  8. #7
    brisyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    681
    +1
    59
    Beside the cables, the water friction is going to remove the protection in no time. The biggest concern if you ski sit in water for a night would be the water in the waterbox making moisture internally, but i don't think 1 night would do any harm

  9. #8
    YellowGTO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    174
    +1
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by brisyl View Post
    Beside the cables, the water friction is going to remove the protection in no time. The biggest concern if you ski sit in water for a night would be the water in the waterbox making moisture internally, but i don't think 1 night would do any harm
    Probably more like 4 nights

  10. #9
    brisyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    681
    +1
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowGTO View Post
    Probably more like 4 nights
    They are not meant to stay in the water that long, is it salt or fresh water?

  11. #10
    YellowGTO's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    174
    +1
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by brisyl View Post
    They are not meant to stay in the water that long, is it salt or fresh water?
    Its salt water, people do the trip every year Miami to Bimini Bahamas, so skis is going to have to stay together :X

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-23-2013, 10:31 PM
  2. Anyone used the R&D Pro Steering Nozzle
    By 05RXPnoob in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-08-2005, 01:38 PM
  3. Anyone used the water cooled SC housing?
    By 1 FAST VE in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-05-2005, 06:45 AM
  4. CRC Corrosion Inhibitor
    By jack in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-14-2005, 12:17 PM
  5. Rotax Racing Heavy Duty clutch kit w/ shaft dilemma
    By rx4pain in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-20-2005, 11:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •