+1

2000 1200 Xl Parts missing

I have just noticed that both my ski's are missing parts 15, 16 and 17 from the exhaust. I know they where removed for a reason....just wandering what kind of mod this is for?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	canvas.png 
Views:	109 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	297149  

Free Flow exhaust, might free up a little bit of power, also makes the motor louder

+1
    Do I need to jet any different than Bill's wright up?

Hello. The removal of the "noise dampening aspects" of the exhaust will supposedly give you faster "out-of-the-chute" response. Not a higher top end, just more rapid acceleration from idle. I have the free-flow exhaust on both of my XLT's and did not need any jet adjustment. It does make the skis much louder. My kids can tell whenever I am operating my skis anywhere on the lake.

One thing to beware of though, is the exhaust hose popping off of the straight pipe. Happened to me last year, just as I was taking off from the landing. Waverunner floated OK until I put my 200# on it and then it started taking on water because the final exhaust hose popped off of the straight pipe and was letting water in through the 6" "hole". Just lucky it happened at the landing where I "beached" the ski and kept water infiltration to a minimum. After ski dried out all was OK. Can't tell you how many times I checked the clamps after that happened.

Mishaps like that are a good reason to have automatic bilge pumps added to your ski, the kind that work even when the ski is not moving. I'm adding them to my skis just as soon as the weather turns.

Happy boating.

Zardoz

former sea doo owner, will never own one again

Quote Originally Posted by zardoz View Post
    Mishaps like that are a good reason to have automatic bilge pumps added to your ski, the kind that work even when the ski is not moving. I'm adding them to my skis just as soon as the weather turns.

Happy boating.

Zardoz
    BINGO
    IMHO...every ski needs at least one electric bildge pump.

+1
    Thanks for the heads up on the hose and the bilge pump. Bought both of mine late last year and had to redo the engine in one, only had the other one out once last year. Can't wait to see how they run this year, especially the one I did the motor in, rebuilt the carb's per Bill's instruction's, and I am expecting it to run better than the other one...we will see. Did not even notice the exhaust as I had nothing to compare it to till I recently picked up another XL and it's exhaust was different than mine.

Thread Information