2002 Keihin jet qestion

Hi I rebuilt my carburetor in my 2002 virage, I pulled the main jet and the two smaller jets out but got them mixed up any help of the order of them and what ports they go to,two of them look the same, but there is a bigger one, and i was thinking that was the main jet ,and the two smaller ones are the high and low jets, thanks.

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    they're are 2 small jets and one larger one.the larger one will only fit in the larger hole,of the 2 smaller jets one has a larger opening inside of it,that one goes in the hole at the very left bottom.should be like a 120#.the other in the small hole about in the middle of the metering block

Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    they're are 2 small jets and one larger one.the larger one will only fit in the larger hole,of the 2 smaller jets one has a larger opening inside of it,that one goes in the hole at the very left bottom.should be like a 120#.the other in the small hole about in the middle of the metering block
    not sure i understand, but there is one with the biggest opening what jet is that? the main jet or midrang jet or pilot jet?I know what the ports are on the jet block but not sure what the sizes are or what ports they go to.If you can tell me that the #78 jet goes to the pilot port or mid port or main port, I will know.

Thanks

+1
    The 2002 should have the Keihin " LE " carb, with 4 jets. The Primary "main" jet is a larger size and located on the back of the jet block. There will be a number stamped into it, 148.
    This carb will have a smaller "secondary" main jet,located at the bottom left of the front of jet block, # 120.
    Towards the top-center of block will be the Pilot or "low" jet (also small size) #58.
    To the right of the pilot will be the "Mid" range jet,#42 ( jet specs are from the '02 service manual)

All the older carbs used 3 or 2 jets (total) if you have a different arrangement, post a pic.

Quote Originally Posted by casey67 View Post
    The 2002 should have the Keihin " LE " carb, with 4 jets. The Primary "main" jet is a larger size and located on the back of the jet block. There will be a number stamped into it, 148.
    This carb will have a smaller "secondary" main jet,located at the bottom left of the front of jet block, # 120.
    Towards the top-center of block will be the Pilot or "low" jet (also small size) #58.
    To the right of the pilot will be the "Mid" range jet,#42 ( jet specs are from the '02 service manual)

All the older carbs used 3 or 2 jets (total) if you have a different arrangement, post a pic.
    Casey your right on Thanks man

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    forgot about the le ones,the 00 carb i had only had 2 small jets.

Thread Information