Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

What Is the Best Impeller For An '11 300X With Just a SCOM Modification?

It's spring (finally) in Ohio, and I'm thinking about changing out my Impeller if there are advantages... The Solas KR-CD-14/21 looks like the obvious choice for a holeshot improvement, and no top speed disadvantage. My question is does the Solas Impeller bring $235 (Amazon) worth of holeshot over the stock Impeller with just a SCOM installed? OR is ther a better Impeller not mentioned here? In an effort to describe what I'm looking for with the Impeller change... I'm looking for more thrill. Top speed is what it is, the acceleration is what thrills everyone (including me) who plays with this toy. Although the top speed is also nice for the occasional smooth lake run!

The stock impeller is hard to beat on the Ultras; it's a good all around impeller. You are already at 70 / 71 mph . . . that's pretty good speed right there. If you want to go alot faster than this, it will get expensive really quick and reliability becomes an issue. JB

Banned User
    +1
    14/21 IMO is the way to go
    Will also help bring your rpm down to a safer range 77-7850

4. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    14/21 IMO is the way to go
    Will also help bring your rpm down to a safer range 77-7850
    That would give more accel but keep the top end about the same?

+1
    What is the pitch of the OEM?

+1
    Thanks Fire0021! Can't ever go wrong turning less engine RPM with the similar results... SOOO Solas 14/21 it is! Hope the hole shot is noticeably improved. The Solas Impeller is certainly a lot “prettier” looking compared to the stock Impeller (SMILE).

Banned User
    +1
    I noticed a much better low and mid with the 14/21 top end was about the same for me others have seen a increase in top end. I think most are over all happy with it.

Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1
    Just be aware you'll need to replace it or repair it more often. It seems weaker than the stock metal used. You'll likely see cav burns within a few hours. By 10 hours you may want to pull it and get them repaired. The stock prop, on the other hand, won't see the same damage until 90 hours.

For Rec riding, in my opinion, it's not worth it. For racing, yes, there is a very slight improvement over an average stock prop (even less over a good stock prop).

Cheers, Mal.

+1
    woo, 10 hours is not much, how about tweeking the stock one to a 14/21?
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanytoys View Post
    Just be aware you'll need to replace it or repair it more often. It seems weaker than the stock metal used. You'll likely see cav burns within a few hours. By 10 hours you may want to pull it and get them repaired. The stock prop, on the other hand, won't see the same damage until 90 hours.

For Rec riding, in my opinion, it's not worth it. For racing, yes, there is a very slight improvement over an average stock prop (even less over a good stock prop).

Cheers, Mal.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanytoys View Post

Cheers, Mal.
    Thats a bit of a concern, but then again at 10 hours i had mine checked and it looked brand new.

Chad

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information