3D DI 2006 electric shock when diving

Hey,

my name is Louis, i'm from Germany and i hope you can help me with my problem on my SeaDoo 3D.

I bought the ski at the end of last year. I made all maintenance works in the cold months and I also mounted a new PJS finger throttle.
    I tested the SeaDoo the last two weekends. Everything works fine (enough power, good start and so on) except the one Problem.

The Problem:
    If I make a fast turn and the front of the ski goes under the water ( the 3D riders know what i mean) the engine dont give full power for a few seconds (it sounds like an cold 2-stroke with pulled choke) at the same time I get electric shocks in my right hand from the finger throttle. The electric shocks goes throught my gloves, they are not so heavy, it feels like a HT shock from a spark plug. I thing it can't be normal.

I hope that anybody can help me and sorry for my bad school english
    Last edited by louisGermany; 04-08-2013 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by louisGermany View Post
    Hey,

my name is Louis, i'm from Germany and i hope you can help me with my problem on my SeaDoo 3D.

I bought the ski at the end of last year. I made all maintenance works in the cold months and I also mounted a new PJS finger throttle.
    I tested the SeaDoo the last two weekends. Everything works fine (enough power, good start and so on) except the one Problem.

The Problem:
    If I make a fast turn and the front of the ski goes under the water ( the 3D riders know what i mean) the engine dont give full power for a few seconds (it sounds like an cold 2-stroke with pulled choke) at the same time I get electric shocks in my right hand from the finger throttle. The electric shocks goes throught my gloves, they are not so heavy, it feels like a HT shock from a spark plug. I thing it can't be normal.

I hope that anybody can help me and sorry for my bad school english
    sounds like ignition system is finding a short to ground and your the ground path. look a wires, boots, coils, and plugs. your loosing spark and that's why its loosing power too. does happen more so in salt water?

+1
    thats a very strange problem to have. ive never heard of anything similiar.. does it do it while turning left and right?

check the engine ground strap, and trace all wires.. you might have a mistake during the installation of the finger throttle.. check all harness for cuts or abrasions, theres not really a path, that could be taken via the throttle/oil line cables, because they are separated by plastic and dissconnection...

Hey,

the problem with loosing power was already there with the original plastic finger throttle but you dont got a shock with the original. We checked something today. You get an electric schock if you touch the throttle cable and ground plate of the steering bar at the same time. If I've got wet fingers, the electric shock is much stronger.
    I thing the spark is "searching for ground" through the throttle cable.
    We will check the ground wires.
    Do you know if there is just one ground location on the engine? Or are there more?

Best regards from Germany
    Last edited by louisGermany; 04-19-2013 at 04:38 AM.

I've found an other thread but there is no solution.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=72065

Here is a video. There you can see when it happens. Look at 7:45.

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/9066054/...en_Petershagen

I've read this:

http://www.seadooforum.com/showthrea...problem-solved

and thats exactly what happend to my seadoo. The spark goes sometimes throught the plastic of the coil to the stainless steel mounting plate.
    I touched the mounting plate an get a f***ing hard HT shock

I had a bad connection (green corossion) between coil and spark plug wire (ignition wire), I think thats the reason why the current doesnt take the way through the spark plug wires (ignition wire). Whatever.... I've fixed it now. It runs perfectly (without HT shocks) at home with a water hose.

I'll give you a feed back after first test run on water.

I was riding it yesterday.
    Everything works perfect.
    No shocks and much power when diving

THX

Thread Information