+1

2012 S3 hull RXT-AS

Does everyones water tight rear compartments leak? If so has anyone got a good fix? Short of Siliconing them shut?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Brd-Prey View Post
    Does everyones water tight rear compartments leak? If so has anyone got a good fix? Short of Siliconing them shut?
    duble up the gaskets you can buy rubber style with 3m adhesive on the back that will do the trick.

+1
    They tend to leak from both the seal and the rotating door latch. I disassembled the door latch and installed a second o-ring in the assembly. I also cut a groove around the edge of the latch and installed a large o-ring. Bought a new style seal from PPG. This seal is more square and the walls are thicker than the original seal. so far no more leaks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Glade Rider View Post
    They tend to leak from both the seal and the rotating door latch. I disassembled the door latch and installed a second o-ring in the assembly. I also cut a groove around the edge of the latch and installed a large o-ring. Bought a new style seal from PPG. This seal is more square and the walls are thicker than the original seal. so far no more leaks.
    Could I possibly get photo's of the cut make for the oring, and the stock number of the new square seal?
    Thanks Ed

+1
    Could I possibly get photo's of the cut make for the oring, and the stock number of the new square seal?
    Thanks Ed
    Doors are installed now and i'm testing but basically I just used a wiz wheel and cut a light grove around the diameter of the latch just under the top. I streached an O-ring over the latch and it sits in the grove. Seemed to take the wable or play out of the door latch. Need to grease everything so it rotates smoothly. Contact Rob at PPG (954-929-1636) for the seal P/N. They sell it by the meter. 20 bucks or so for both doors. I'll see if I can tak a pic for ya...

Thread Information