Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: pump wearliner

pump wearliner

is it possible to remove ss wearliner and replace with plastic ones on gprs

+1
    If I am not mistaken you have to buy an the housing that will accept the plastic wear ring like this one http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=93256944007

i just thought i seen somewhere that u could buy gpr impeller liners that had replaceable plastic liners. i thought i seen it at the 4 tec store site . butt cant find it now

+1
    Never mind

+1
    You can buy the plastic wear ring but it will not go into the stock housing

pumpliner

Quote Originally Posted by 992door View Post
    You can buy the plastic wear ring but it will not go into the stock housing
    oh i just thought if i removed the ss ring j might b able to replace with a plastic one and then replace it as need as a new ss one is 300 and some $

+1
    Take your stock one to a local machine shop and have them bore it out. Keep in mind that plastic liners have their ups and downs. If you suck a rock up or something hard and blow your liner out your not going any where. At the same time the plastic liner can give you better performance because the prop can cut in to it for a perfect fit. Overall the stainless liner will last much longer although much more expensive. Also you will be changing it pretty often depending on how you ride. I think some members only get about 30 hours on them, but I'm sure someone that uses one will chime in.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    I've been installing the aftermarket housings for yamahas that accept the plastic liner for some time now (mine come from WSM, so I assume SBT will sell them for retail also ( they do)). Just as pricey as the first oem replacement ( I see the prices have come down a bit too..so now even cheaper!), but after that a pretty big savings. I'd suspect you can find them here too...

as far as applications go..I'd say no for open water ocean cursing, as you want to be sure you can get to shore if you happen to suck up some trash, but for around my neck of the desert, with the gravel kings ruling the lake here, a plastic ring saves hundreds over the course of a few years (a couple of my yammie customers seem to run aground hard every season exploring the not well traveled parts of the lake here)

Quote Originally Posted by Almost View Post
    Take your stock one to a local machine shop and have them bore it out. Keep in mind that plastic liners have their ups and downs. If you suck a rock up or something hard and blow your liner out your not going any where. At the same time the plastic liner can give you better performance because the prop can cut in to it for a perfect fit. Overall the stainless liner will last much longer although much more expensive. Also you will be changing it pretty often depending on how you ride. I think some members only get about 30 hours on them, but I'm sure someone that uses one will chime in.
    i wonder if the ss ring in the housing can b removed and how would u install a plastic one . would u freeze the plastic would that shrink it so it would fit tight. ??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by don jordan View Post
    i wonder if the ss ring in the housing can b removed and how would u install a plastic one . would u freeze the plastic would that shrink it so it would fit tight. ??
    Yes it can, you just need to have it bored out to fit a plastic liner. Look here.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13429

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information