Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

05 R12X Full Mod Engine swap to H22a1 or B??? whats your imput can it be done?????

Just wanted your imput on this, as I want this to work, but need your imput to see if it will,
    I believe a H22a1 will fit, looking for ideas on the exaust set up and any other imput,
    has this ever been attepted? I want this to be a drag ski

I build Horsepower
    +1
    don't waste your time. The original F12x-R12x ski's are made from the motorcycle platform not the automotive form. Things like dry sump oiling and oil/water turbos has all been engineered in the ski platform. If your looking for speed you will need a whole lot more effort in the hull and pump design than the engine output.

Shawn

3. +1 by:

+1
    Ok, I only planed to Drag this, strait shot, I know that it has a dry sump which is for the most part for rollover on the ski and always keeping oil to the top end because of sharp turns/gravity, adding a turbo would be an afterthought, really would not need one as stock H22a1 has like 217hp,which I planed to bore out to increase hp, what would be the difference in dropping that motor in a boat or in the application for a drag ski?
    I understand that I would need the correct prop pitch to, as for built with the motorcycle platform, all Honda dual overhead came motors where designed for high performance, high rpm, HO,
    I use to mod out Honda's 20 years ago and stripping this motor down out of the R12X there just a smaller version, accept for the oiler tank/oilcooler and oil pump, I can always put a external oil cooler on this setup, like the Polaris MSX has,

So the pump can not tollerate that type of HP even with a impeller pitch to accomidate this?

+1
    Its not the pump . its the hull it has a fiberglass barrel for the underside . its like a fat guy doing a belly buster vs a pro diver ....
    For drag purposes do a 15x /250x/Rxp/gpr hull hell even a xlt hull has more strait line potential than the r12 hull. Well unless Ur doing drag racing on a pond in the middle of a jungle..... Then it might be able to break 72-73. Lol

I'm sure my ski is in the 220+HP levels by seeing how it runs compared to other skis rated @215+ and pump hooks up great it just looses traction as it hops out over water in even the smallest chop .
    U would have to do some creative glass work to bottom of hull to improve its top speed capabilities

6. +1 by:

+1
    The honda H, B and F engines turn the wrong way round. Not sure if the x12's engine turns the same way as the H engines or if it matters.

8. +1 by:

+1
    Thanks, guys for your imput, ok so the hull on this thing will not work, ok got it, I have an XLT hull ?????, Makes sense, as when I owned a GP1200R it was great for strait speed and handled great, but did not turn worth a damn, compaired to the Hondas,, but I am damn good with glass and composite work, so alot to think about on this.

+1
    i wouldnt even waste your time trying to make that honda fast. I thought my ski sucked in chop.....ive heard the honda hulls are worse.

+1
    Any ski with a Honda F20C engine 237hp (Honda S2000) a 9000rpm screamer!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NOIDEA View Post
    Any ski with a Honda F20C engine 237hp (Honda S2000) a 9000rpm screamer!
    Yes, I was thinking that motor, but everyone talked me out of this on the r12X hull, but everyone is right about the xlt or Gp1200R hull, so I will see what I come up with next spring, with a Honda motor, I will come up with something with a honda motor and she will scream, I will repaint her and get custom grafix, with AQUAMAX on it

+1
    We Have one from a motocycle platform still in a building stage. Time is time Projects are timeless results are priceless, if there good. Oops Guess I did not read it all its not Going in a Honda Hull
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	3912 
Size:	272.1 KB 
ID:	297692  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information