Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Jims Performance fine tunes my ski and gets my Fx SHO Cruiser to 84.5 (now 85.6mph)!

I drove up and spent the day with Jim in Tampa to have him work out some of the kinks in my new setup which now consists of an R3 reflash (sold Athena), same E1 wheel, a skat trak swirl prop (instead of the Solas 15/22), R&D valve springs, and Jims modded stock plate. I was running 84.8 with the Athena with my previous setup with the very fast Solas 15/22 prop, but cavitated badly so I decided to sacrifice some speed for hookup...so that's why I opted for the Skat Trak Swirl. I also knew I had some more speed to make up due to the fact I now have the springs to handle the higher rpms which makes the engine work harder to make power.

My ski with its new setup was hesitating at times before seeing Jim and sometimes losing fuel pressure. Jim took apart my fuel pump, played with some of the electrical wiring and changed one of my cooling lines and the ski as a result ran perfectly! I told Jim even though I'm leaving almost 3mph on the table between the prop and stiffer springs, my goal was to be around 85mph in the ocean. After getting the AFR where it needed to be, the best GPS time we were able to get with my new mods and Riva Plate was [email protected] Jim right there on the beach took off the Riva plate and put on my modded stock plate to see what the difference would be. The ski kept clocking [email protected] multiple times and was planted on the water! I was also getting 17.5psi of boost as well, and this was on a day where the temperature was 84 degrees. All of the runs were done in the Gulf of Mexico. With the boost I'm generating I'm sure with the Solas prop I had before and stock springs I would be right near 87mph in the ocean, but I wouldn't have near the holeshot and acceleration I have now so it's definitely worth the sacrifice.

When we got back to Jim's house, he then filled my rideplate/intake grate holes, but I did not get a chance to do any more speed runs to see the difference. As soon as I get the chance, I will do some freshwater runs and report back with the new GPS times. Thank's again Jim for all your help!!
    Last edited by yamahamiamiski; 04-28-2013 at 10:52 AM.

+1
    woow great news broo

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Thank you Dave it was a pleasure to see you, Your ski is awesome them are some great numbers for being out in the gulf and a SHO cruiser. Once you go in fresh water you should be in the 85 range. Thank you, Jim
    Last edited by JIM'S PERFORMANCE; 04-08-2013 at 10:11 AM.

4. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yamahamiamiski View Post
    My ski with its new setup was hesitating at times before seeing Jim and sometimes losing fuel pressure. Jim took apart my fuel pump, played with some of the electrical wiring and changed one of my cooling lines and the ski as a result ran perfectly! I told Jim even though I'm leaving almost 3mph on the table between the prop and stiffer springs, my goal was to be around 85mph in the ocean. After getting the AFR where it needed to be, the best GPS time we were able to get with my new mods and Riva Plate was [email protected] Jim right there on the beach took off the Riva plate and put on my modded stock plate to see what the difference would be. The ski kept clocking [email protected] multiple times and was planted on the water! I was also getting 17.5psi of boost as well, and this was on a day where the temperature was 84 degrees. All of the runs were done in the Gulf of Mexico.

When we got back to Jim's house, he then filled my rideplate/intake grate holes, but I did not get a chance to do any more speed runs to see the difference. As soon as I get the chance, I will do some freshwater runs and report back with the new GPS times. Thank's again Jim for all your help!!
    This is what you get with Jim. Top notch service and the knowledge to go with it!

+1
    Very, very nice!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    This is what you get with Jim. Top notch service and the knowledge to go with it!
    Thanks James.

+1
    Also how about that holeshot Dave it was awesome.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM'S PERFORMANCE View Post
    Also how about that holeshot Dave it was awesome.
    Ya Jim...my ski can actually hook up now and more importantly NO BOUNCE!!! I can't thank you enough Jim for the amount of time you took out of your weekend to make sure the ski was perfect all around. For anyone that hasn't dealt with Jim before, I can you tell you he's a first class person with first class service who really cares about what he does for people. Thanks for everyone's compliments as well.

10. +1 by:

Banned User
    +1
    Congrats on the new speed, how does the skat feels, it pulls like crazy when i had mine. Jims works awesome will get in touch with him once my ski is ready would love for him to set my plate and prop.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert_Fzr View Post
    Congrats on the new speed, how does the skat feels, it pulls like crazy when i had mine. Jims works awesome will get in touch with him once my ski is ready would love for him to set my plate and prop.
    Feels awesome Albert...between the skat and the plate, the ski is completely different. I knew the holeshot and acceleration would be better, but what I saw and felt was better than what I had hoped for. Jim was even beating some modded FZRs that were out there out of the hole with my SHO Cruiser...I didn't expect that at all.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information