Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

where do you guys go when out on the water..

just a very random question but im curious as to what everyone here does when they take their ski out? how far from the dock do you guys go? do you just go out for top speed runs? or explore?

ive always been THAT guy who takes his ski out and heads to the same places everytime.. theres an island about a mile from the dock a bunch of guys with skis and boats head to.. then maybe 3-4 miles from the dock theres another "spot" everyone meets up to bs and hang out.. then some few trails inbetween..

Banned User
    +1
    I go straight to a part on our lake called Westfield landing. It's a natural sandbar where everyone anchors and ties up. Par t time baby, I'm told that's where the coldest beers can be had

+1
    I go bar hopping. We got lots of bars on water by me.

4. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by thatdude596 View Post
    I go straight to a part on our lake called Westfield landing. It's a natural sandbar where everyone anchors and ties up. Par t time baby, I'm told that's where the coldest beers can be had

Cold beer is key.

6. +1 by:

+1
    When I am riding solo I tend to stay in the areas that I am familiar with at both high and low tide. I very rarely ride through the marshes and never go out into the ocean.

When I am with a group that is when I venture out of my comfort zone and don't mind getting stuck and needing a tow!

Only a few times have I docked up at a bar/restaurant though. Usually bring a small cooler and chillax on a beach island somewhere.

This year I want to try to launch out of a few different spots to get a change of scenery.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by STUNNA View Post
    . I very rarely ride through the marshes and never go out into the ocean.
    Your missing out on the best parts! Love the twisties and the ocean and do them every ride.

Banned User
    +1
    I ride Lake Michigan around Milwaukee. We have a really cool spot we like to go, but unfortunately too many others have discovered it. We pretty much go anywhere we want, an occasional cruise between lake shore cities if the water in smooth. We have a few more destinations we want to hit this year. I would love to make the 75 mile trip across the lake to Michigan sometime.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Almost View Post
    Your missing out on the best parts! Love the twisties and the ocean and do them every ride.
    That's when I'm out alone. God forbid I start taking on water in the ocean or get stuck in a marsh til the tide comes up (happened to me lol).

When I am with other skis that's pretty much all we do is ride the ocean (inlet to inlet) and rip the twistys! I've been logging the different twistys we ride with a GPS tracker on my iphone so I can get familiar with which ones are deep enough and which ones are dead ends so I don't get stuck when I'm out solo and wanna rip some mussels up from their muddy beds

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by STUNNA View Post
    That's when I'm out alone. God forbid I start taking on water in the ocean or get stuck in a marsh til the tide comes up (happened to me lol).

When I am with other skis that's pretty much all we do is ride the ocean (inlet to inlet) and rip the twistys! I've been logging the different twistys we ride with a GPS tracker on my iphone so I can get familiar with which ones are deep enough and which ones are dead ends so I don't get stuck when I'm out solo and wanna rip some mussels up from their muddy beds
    i hear you on that dude.. first day my buddy got his fxho he didnt have a trailer hitch so i left my ski home and brought his down for a test drive... 7 minutes later we get stuck in some twistys for a good 2 hours.. it sucked

+1
    My friends and I ride Lake Michigan near Kenosha. Usually ride out to get some waves (Ocean's a bit far from us) or through harbors and cities. No special place, except for a couple beaches to catch a break

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information