Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

torn between impellers on my rxp

i really didnt want to start a new thread on this topic but i have researched for hours (probably days now) and still am getting alot of mixed opinions and thoughts. I have a bone stock 06 rxp with a wear ring that needs to be replaced and thought it would be a good time to change that and the impeller as well. I would like to wake the ski up a little bit with a front cold air intake and 14/19 prop but really do not want to get into re-pitching props if i dont get the results im thinking of. Am i better off just staying stock and going with a solas 13/18 prop which is recommended for a stock ski?

+1
    Go 14/19 and CAI

+1
    Have you had experience with this set up?

Banned User
    +1
    13/18 is a direct replacement...14/19 requires a little more power, which the stock air intake can not deliver. Upgrade to a cold air intake will help that...If you are still down on RPM's, its just a tweek to the trailing edges of the blades....no biggie.

+1
    14/19 would be a good start i defintely would not waste any money keeping the stock pitch. You could even tweak the stock prop a bit if you want to save some loot and not buy a whole new impeller.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by chartersj View Post
    i really didnt want to start a new thread on this topic but i have researched for hours (probably days now) and still am getting alot of mixed opinions and thoughts. I have a bone stock 06 rxp with a wear ring that needs to be replaced and thought it would be a good time to change that and the impeller as well. I would like to wake the ski up a little bit with a front cold air intake and 14/19 prop but really do not want to get into re-pitching props if i dont get the results im thinking of. Am i better off just staying stock and going with a solas 13/18 prop which is recommended for a stock ski?
    If you are installing an air intake then you will definitely want the 14/19R impeller (dont forget the greenhulk coupon code will save you 10% off the listed price)
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...products_id=11

If you don't already have an impeller tool here is a cheap one
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=306

and here's the wear ring you will need
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=518

+1
    awesome, i really appreciate you guys helping me make up my mind. I have a wanted add in the greenhulk marketplace for these used parts but looks like i will have to go new. I really want the 4" fizzle intake but i (and my wallet) dont like the fact that i would need a catch can, where the riva power filter has a spot for the crank vent hose. I have seen the home made catch can but would rather not have one at all. Has anyone put a spot on a fizzle intake for the vent?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by chartersj View Post
    awesome, i really appreciate you guys helping me make up my mind. I have a wanted add in the greenhulk marketplace for these used parts but looks like i will have to go new. I really want the 4" fizzle intake but i (and my wallet) dont like the fact that i would need a catch can, where the riva power filter has a spot for the crank vent hose. I have seen the home made catch can but would rather not have one at all. Has anyone put a spot on a fizzle intake for the vent?
    Yes, a number of people have done it. There's several places and ways you can do it. All you have to do is find a 3/4" hose barb and figure out how to attach it to the intake system. You can try to to attach it to the rubber hose, the aluminum joiner, or the air filter itself.

+1
    ok great, thats what i will end up doing then. Thanks alot everyone for your help!

+1
    Don't want to hijack your thread, but since I think you got your answer, what pitch would you guys recommend on a 06 RXP running an X-charger with 42's and maybe a CAI? Im thinking with a 14/19, my buddy might be all over the limiter.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information