Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

JunkDogs Raider Project

Hi everyone, Im really new to the forum so I thought I would introduce myself and tell everyone about this little JunkYardDog Raider project.

I call this the JunkDog Project because basicly most everything going into this bike was comening off the junk pile or someone elses abused parts.
    I bought this 96 1100 raider from a salvage yard in Cave Creek NM. So I jumped in my truck and left on a 6 day journey (from Lake Charles Louisiana, where I live) to go get this bike. I will tell you that being from the south and not really ever have seen that much snow before much less driveing threw it for 3 days. It was a trip.....Anyway I got the raider the bike had less than 50 hours on it when the guy blew it up....so the hull is in excelent condition and some of the engine pieces are salvageable.

Now some of you are sitting there scratching your heads going....what in the world would get someone to drive halfway across the continent for a broken raider. Well this brings me to my intial plan. First I have to tell you that I work as an equipment and tool repair mechanic as well as some pwc repairs on the side. So i already have some pretty good knowledge about the ins and outs of the different brands and models. I knew that the old 1100s were set up for speed.... the only downside is having to run in glass conditions.Well were I live is about 100-200 miles of rivers,canals,and bayous of pure glass water almost Year Round, and the water never gets that cold.

Im really glad i found this forum, i really could have used some of this wonderful information a few years ago when I first got started. But Im still learning new information all the time. I didnt know near as much about hulls as i do 2\strokes. I have been playing with porting for a couple of years mainly on my roomates 270 exciter. Hes got 2 of the 1200npv bigbore ported single pipes that we have managed to get in the mid 60s. (we plan to bring it to the mud bug this year so if anyone wants to be scared i will be offering rides.....heheehe)

Anyway back to the raider, I got 1200 motor that i will be droping in as soon as i can find some cases. I plan on pulling out all the tricks i know plus some new ones that im just now learning about so everyones input will be greatly welcome. Here are some pics of the blowen motor and raider that i will be useing. Im also putting up some pics of the exciter.
    More to come.....but for now L8r JDog
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00116.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	17166   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00119.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	17167   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00118.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	17168   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00117.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	17169   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00110.JPG 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	17170   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00114.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	17171  

+1
    Hi and welcome to the forum. Check the Yamaha classifieds section of this forum. Duke is selling all kinds of stuff, including cases (ported & with crank). A few people have already jumped all over them, wanting to buy them, but you know money talks. I am only about 45 minutes from Lake Charles, we should get together and ride sometime.

Jdog welcome to the form It's great to have another raider guy here. Looking forward to hearing more about your project.

Welcome to the forum JDog....there is a wealth of info here and you can also help with your knowledge ..always happy to see the Raiders life extended, I am passing through Lake Chuck Saturday morning, picking up Elebouef's Raider for my brother in law.....cant wait to here the mods you are going to do...keep us posted.

Welcome aboard J-Dog.Theres some good and knowledgable folk here,just give a shout when needed,you'll be suprised what a nice group is here ready to help
    P.S. Always a pleasure to see such a brite and fresh 96
    Last edited by H204YOU; 02-22-2007 at 11:04 PM.

Thanks for the welcome guys. You will definatly be hearing from me alot more.... I got alot of ideas for this project that i am trying to get going. My plan is to photo document the whole transformation one step at a time. (which i hope is alot sooner than later) I live on the river so anytime you guys want to stop in a ride on da bayou you will be welcome. I plan to be in the water by the end of March so we will see. L8a jdog

+1
    J-dog Welcome and good luck with the raider project, you are definitely in the right place for Help. Take 97 Sleeper up on his offer he is a great guy and really into the old school rides.

did i mention i only paid 100.00 for the raider.

Old School Never Dies! codemanrose's Avatar
    Wow, pretty decent hull for that price. Thats awsome!

Quote Originally Posted by jdog800 View Post
    did i mention i only paid 100.00 for the raider.
    WOW Getr modded out and ride her like you stole her

Cause ya did I see Why you didnt mind traveling so far too

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information