Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    +1

Hey 300X owners lets talk about pumps, venturies and cones

Lasportsmn and I got together and I had a good look at his 300x pump/nozzle setup.
    This is the first time I've really gotten a good look at one and it's posed some questions for me that I'm hoping some of you Kawi experts can help me with.

What I find odd about the nozzle is it has no angle to it. It basically shoots water straight out. This is quite a contrast from a seadoo or Yamaha nozzle which is canted at 5 degrees.

So this brings up my first question. Who has tried a wedge on the nozzle? How did that affect handling? Top speed?

Anyone ever experiment with a larger diameter exit on the nozzle? How did that affect top speed? Any cavitation with a larger nozzle?

How about any sort of adjustable pump cone or a longer cone?

Im really intrigued by this pump setup and look forward to some feedback from you guys.

+1
    Almost forgot to ask.... Anyone try a skat pump and if so was it 160mm? Set back or non set back?
    I'm interested in your results with aftermarket pumps.

3. +1 by:

+1
    So nobody has used an aftermarket pump on these beasts? Nobody tried a wedge or aftermarket pump cone? I have sold quite a few of them, but nobody's talking?

+1
    Guys, we have some very interesting possibilities on the horizon. Some of the information needed is beyond my testing. What h has planned has me very excited. If anyone has any of the information it would be very appreciated. If you do not want to make it public just send Jerry a PM with your testing. We are not looking to take your info to copy it just to use it to be certain the best ideas all come together in the best product. This could possibly be one of the best things to come out for the 300.

+1
    I know we all keep tight lipped on our testing and results but the only way that these companies will continue to come out with new products is with our help. This time Jerry is looking to us to help with this rather than just some designer creating what he thinks we are wanting for certain gains. We will all benifit greatly from this if it works the way we are hoping.

Banned User
    +1
    What will a angles or longer cone in theory provide ? Is this cc set up offshore top sped all the above ?interested to know where or what is trying to be improved ?

+1
    It is an all around improvement. I have been involved with his testing on his skis and been around since the original GreenHulk ski. One thing he knows is pumps. I have seen the HUGE gains without sacrificing anything else on his turbo ski. If he can keep that thing hooked up and then with the way I was riding it and still get an additional several mph out of it just from changing pump set ups he has me sold that we should have what he is hoping for.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    What will a angles or longer cone in theory provide ? Is this cc set up offshore top sped all the above ?interested to know where or what is trying to be improved ?
    All of the above!
    You would be surprised at what running a larger nozzle pre loaded with a longer cone will do. More importantly, a nozzle at the proper angle.

10. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    All of the above!
    You would be surprised at what running a larger nozzle pre loaded with a longer cone will do. More importantly, a nozzle at the proper angle.
    Guys I have not just been told about this I have been on his ski and seen the gains with just changing a few things on his pump. When his ski gained 4 mph and increased hook up with zero cavitation on that high of a HP turbo ski I was sold. He is offering to take all the guess work out of us trying to figure it out and sharing his years of pump knowledge with us kawi guys. I am not one to get excited but this has done just that since he first started discussing it with me and teaching me. This is not just something that is being talked about that will just fade away. This will happen. How soon it happens depends on how soon he gets the info he needs and does the testing.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Lots of guys ran a 1 or 2 degree wedge on the nozzle and usually pick up speed, 1-2 mph but it makes the hull understeer in the turns, it will keep going straight. The nose riding low helps the ultra grip so well. A lot of times when using a rideplate the wedge is not advised, or when using the wedge the plate is not advised. If it were me I would just use a wedge, that way it's tunable by the end user.

I am testing the nozzle rings on my ski but I don't have numbers yet because my engine and prop still need tuning. I have a 81-85mm stock is 83.

Several people tested the r&d (I think) cone for the 250/60 and nothing really came of it good or bad. I think the issue was that the exit nozzle is slightly off center on the Kawi so you can't just run a straight cone, then again I'm still learning about pump dynamics.

Good luck, I'll offer what I can if there is anything else. I will say blade length and the projection of the impeller hub made a huge difference between 2 similar pitch props on my boat.

Sean

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information