Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lauri Eho kit

+1

Lauri Eho kit

Ok these kits have been out a while. The pulley/ecu/injectors kit. I know several have purchased it. We never heard any more about it. Would anyone like to share their experience with it. Initial opinion and any long term positives or negatives.
    Thanks

Very interested too, need more top speed.

no one?

+1
    Must have great gains if no one is speaking up?

Banned User
    +1
    From what I here great gains but longevity is a issue. Was to be expected

+1
    even lauri questioned the longitivity anyone can get speed at factory backed rebuilds but not for the average joe racer

Hi,
    It's been a while since my last visit here, so greetings to all you GH-guys. I got a hint that I should post my point of view in order to get some questions answered.

I've supplied these 300X Superharger pulley kits during the last 1,5 years. They've been used in almost all the continents in various atmospheric conditions, both in recreational and racing applications (both offshore and closed course racing). Most of the people utilizing these kits are outside Greenhulk.net -forums, but obviously there's some of them around here too. I understand people who wish to stay anonymous and of course I respect their secrets (this is a common practice in racing industry).

What I can say is that the kit does have significant gains. The original boost pressure is increased from the original 115-117kPa (215kPa absolute) into 140kPa (240kPa absolute). Because of the +1000cc injectors and the way that the 300X ECU load calculation works, the whole ECU mapping has been completely revised. The aim lambda value with the kit is 0,80-0,82 which I usually recommend to verify after installation so that I can do a custom tune in case needed. Achievable performance gains of course varies around the globe, but on average I expect to see a gain of +400rpm in maximum engine speed, which equals a +4-5km/h in actual speed. Changing the impeller setup is recommended in order to avoid cavitation issues (actually already a completely original 300X would have huge amount of cavitation, unless it wouldn't be controlled by the ECU).

So far I'm not aware of even a single problem with these kits (which perhaps is because I share lots of information with my customers on how to enhance the weak spots of the 300X engine). Customer feedback have been very good, and in few cases with additional modifications these kits have been used in "80+mph" 300X's.

Best Regards,

Lauri Eho
    Lauri Eho Engineering Ltd
    www.lauriehoengineering.fi

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy71 View Post
    Must have great gains if no one is speaking up?
    This is true in most cases. Everyone keeps quiet when they're happy, but if there's an issue they let everyone know it.

Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    From what I here great gains but longevity is a issue. Was to be expected
    Can you please give me more information about what you mean? As I stated earlier, I have not been reported a single engine problem so far (and I'm always the one to be informed first if there's an issue). From a engineer point of view it's obvious that when you increase the stress you will inevitably reduce the durability. But if you think hypothetically, what if this kit is used in a offshore ski with custom ECU tune (with very mild ignition timing) to produce equal or just slightly more power than a stock engine, wouldn't you expect the power generation to be "more safe"?

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    even lauri questioned the longitivity anyone can get speed at factory backed rebuilds but not for the average joe racer
    No I did not. I receive lots of questions "Is this kit safe for offshore racing?". Yes I think the kit is safe, it's made from one of the highest quality aluminium on this planet. The 300X engine is the one that is not safe unless the cooling and especially oil cooling system is improved.

Banned User
    +1
    Thanks for posting your feed back. Yes I know of a few skis that have had longevity issues shorter then normal that had the kit on. Is it the fault of the kit who knows. There are weak spots in the 300 platform above stock. That need to be addressed. Allot of it is more then the avg guy is willing to do piston rings valves etc. and of course in any racing application failures will happen. For rec offshore use / racer looking to keep there stock motor alive I believe it's to much stress on it. for the full out racer prob a great option. Like I said good gains have been reported from what ive seen and with the proper mods its great I just don't think so for the guy who will just bolt it on and hold it pinned wot. And expects it to be safe. Again it does not mean your kit is bad people just need to be aware.

One more question have you guys looked any further into removing the speed governor in the Ecu ?

Thanks for your Info and feed back.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauri Eho View Post
    Hi,

No I did not. I receive lots of questions "Is this kit safe for offshore racing?". Yes I think the kit is safe, it's made from one of the highest quality aluminium on this planet. The 300X engine is the one that is not safe unless the cooling and especially oil cooling system is improved.
    So what cooling/oil cooling upgrades are available for the 300x?

+1
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ght=oil+cooler

The search function is a wonderful invention.......

Thanks Laurie for coming onto this board and giving some feedback, this has to be good for the kawi section
    Last edited by GZA; 04-21-2013 at 04:17 PM. Reason: More info

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information