Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Project 250X Updates

Skip, you got a GPS number yet for the exhaust & wedge results? By the way, love the step by steps on your site. Very informative!!

That review is comming up soon. Want to take it again for some cross numbers. Stalker Radar needs to be out. Going to try and get axcelration times better.
    The exhuast mod really helps with the punch and pep. Not so much on the top. So getting the 0-60 is going to be my focas.
    The wedge is a no brainer but wanna see how it compliments the pipe mod.

Ill have it all together this weekend.

what a nice long fast summer ahead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skip thanks the info is really helpful and looks like things for the 250x are lookin up to be eatin up those "RXP'S/RXT'S"!!!!!!!!!!!

+1
    [quote=BERMY_BOY;221245]Skip thanks the info is really helpful and looks like things for the 250x are lookin up to be eatin up those "RXP'S/RXT'S"!!!!!!!!!!! [/quotr

Dream on... It's your story...tell it any way you want to.

It's ok you aren't 2 happy

[quote=jawz;221249]
    Quote Originally Posted by BERMY_BOY View Post
    Skip thanks the info is really helpful and looks like things for the 250x are lookin up to be eatin up those "RXP'S/RXT'S"!!!!!!!!!!! [/quotr

Dream on... It's your story...tell it any way you want to.

sounds like you are worried!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I don't think skip is riding on the ocean like i'm goin 2 be so i know them rxp/rxt's are in trouble!!!!!!!!!!!

+1
    Skip, I love how you're getting everything in one location. I missed the seat installation so being able to see it at your site was cool.

Thanks, it's looking great!!

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1

Today on my Ultra 250x

Ok lets start off, Rode yesterday, Kinda getting it broke in it now has about 4 3/4 hours on it, bone stock it ran 68.1 on gps, it was a pretty nice day yesterday, 64degrees, sunny here in Tennessee,smooth water, very little ripple. Last night I came home and installed the wedge, and did the exhuast swap, the pump wedge was pretty easy, the exhaust now that was a lil bit different story, there is one clamp a big guy like me has a hard time getting to, but I got it after a while, I got the marks and scraps to prove it,lol. Today the water was a little different ,there was a 15-20 mph wind out in the open water, I figured this would be a good test for weekend riding in the summer. I have to say it handles rough water very well, I would say some places there was a 1 to 2 foot chop, I could hold it Wot for as long as I wanted to, with out feeling like i had to let off.(probably could have held Wot longerif I was in shape and riding every day, hurry up summer time,lol).Very solid ride , very unlike the Ultra of old, which I have 2 of.I rode about a half of a tank out with a lil help. The actual time my ski was running was 53 mins today, had a some of friends from the other side of the lake come out and take a look see at the new Ultra and a few took test rides,after that I headed back down the lake into a place that was somewhat blocked from the wind, no 2 ft chops, but some decent ripples, I made about 15 passes up and down about a 2.5 mph strecth with my Etrex Gps on the first few pass I stay in the mid to upper 68.5,6,7,8,9 for about five passes, @ the next five runs which i had dropped to about 3 bars of gas left, I stayed in the 69.s and progressivly got a lilttle with each pass, with the last pass being 70.0. Doest look good on the gas mileage my total trip was 32.4 miles and I put 12.12 gallons in it on the way home, but that was a lot of Wot in some rough water to start with, then a lot of straight out dragging, so maybe they will be better on just a "Day on the Lake kind of riding" Still feels like the bow is pushing, so got another wedge coming. Going to pull the ride plate and intake grate, see if theres anything in side that needs a little clean up, I can feel some rough edges and cast marks on the inside.Maybe A lil srcubbin might help .Over all I would have to say the 2 mods were well worth the time and money except that damn clamp.Im very impressed with the way it handles the rough, but even with the wedge still feels nose heavy, need get some more of the bow out of the water.Might be a week or 2 before I get Back out there, maybe by then Ill have a few more goodies,lol.

weather related stuff, for those that wat to know

64 degrees most of the day
    Sunny
    low humidity, 35-40%
    open water wind 15-25 mph 1-2 ft chop
    back in the drag srtip 8- 12 mph very little chop, more like big ripples
    495 ft above sea level
    6'1
    235 lbs, and not in summer riding shape,lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00412.JPG 
Views:	284 
Size:	140.7 KB 
ID:	17192   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00416.JPG 
Views:	214 
Size:	147.0 KB 
ID:	17193  
    Last edited by MikeTrin; 02-23-2007 at 03:30 PM.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Oh Yeah by the way the exhaust was a little but louder but no dramatic sound difference.

Ultra, did you get any speeds on yours before you made any changes. The reason I am asking I took mine out yesterday also. I had about 3/4 tank of fuel with less than 2hrs on engine and I could only gps 64.0. Every one else seems to be getting 68 and up. I just hope there is no problem with my ski, right now I am disappointed with my numbers, Maybe it will get faster with some time on it. Thanks Roger

Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information