+1

Thumbs up Nice Ride Today! Virage rocks in the rough stuff!

This ski had 12.5 hours put on it in the last four years. I have added an additional four hours in a few short trips. I could not film the roughest stuff and ride When I came out of Tanners Creek I looked around thinking "Where is the Barge?". It was all from the wind, this hull is phenomenal in the rough stuff. I landed well 49 out of 50 times. I cannot believe how agile or responsive this "Big" hull is (compared to my SL's and SLX). Of all of my toys this is the only one I would have ridden five miles down river. I don't have Bolsters in my Lavey and its not made for this stuff anyway.
    I have a lot to learn about this hull it seems like around 25-35 mph you can swing the ski around and hop the ass end out of the water. I bought this in hopes of saving my body from the SL beating but I'm sure I will find a way to get hurt.
    Nice spring day 50 degree water and 84 degree air and sun shining. New summer coming and a new ski, Life is good.
    My only casualty was a discharged fire extinguisher in the front from the beating. It was not the correct one. I need to get one that fits the safety tube. Suggestions?
    Man that was a BLAST.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by LaveyT View Post
    ... I have added an additional four hours in a few short trips...
    You probably used just a fraction of one tankful of fuel then.

The 700cc twin engine is a fuel sipper

Would have to don a wetsuit for me to get on the water this time of year, just ops checking my virage last saturday on the Grand lake of the cherokees, was a cold ride! And thanks to this sight, was headed on why it was running so rough, guess I need to find a TPS sensor, when you zoomed under that bridge, since I didnt see any "no wake" signs, guess it was ok huh? lol I wouldve had the GRDA police after me, im so ready for this summer!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    You probably used just a fraction of one tankful of fuel then.

The 700cc twin engine is a fuel sipper
    That's for sure, I'm using no more than the old SL 750. Fuel usage is not an issue with this motor. It really has a lot of "Punch" for a little motor. I beat the hell out of it yesterday. Not the smartest thing really, It was too rough for any of the bass boats. there were only a few out and they were staying in the creeks! If I would have broke I was on my own.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by elk river rascal View Post
    Would have to don a wetsuit for me to get on the water this time of year, just ops checking my virage last saturday on the Grand lake of the cherokees, was a cold ride! And thanks to this sight, was headed on why it was running so rough, guess I need to find a TPS sensor, when you zoomed under that bridge, since I didnt see any "no wake" signs, guess it was ok huh? lol I wouldve had the GRDA police after me, im so ready for this summer!
    Hey Rascal!
    I had a shorty wet suit and some wool socks. Yesterday was not bad the Ohio river is over 50 degrees this time of year. Two weeks ago in Brookville lake it was 40 degree water and 55 degree air. I don't have a full wet suit so I used long johns under my wet suit, a stocking cap Hoody and gloves in addition to my outfit yesterday.
    You are correct, That was a No Wake zone. This time of year there is no enforcement out there and most folks don't really start to boat until Memorial day. The River is funny, you can get out early then the rains come and you might not be able to get back out for 4 weeks. Then you have to watch for floating debris. The pump clog is no fun. There is a camp ground (semi Permanent) a couple of miles up that creek. For years it was not an idle zone. I have been idling past there camps and they have warned me that the water cops were in the creek. If some body spots them they call there buddys @ the camp to warn everyone. They get more warnings and tickets than anybody.

Thread Information