Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where is the gps attenna on RXP x 260

If you block the gps signal with metal foil will it defeat the gps speed limiter? Anything else going to be affected? the braking system shouldn't work, other than if should allow full reverse at full speed since the gps will be reading 0.

Thanks for the help.

+1
    Wow.
    That's a good question.
    But sorry I don't have an answer.
    I'm sure somebody in here does.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxpxlaketapps View Post
    If you block the gps signal with metal foil will it defeat the gps speed limiter? Anything else going to be affected? the braking system shouldn't work, other than if should allow full reverse at full speed since the gps will be reading 0.

Thanks for the help.
    Doesn't work. Dig around plenty of info the way it controls speed. Save your self some money and don't get a Riva SCOM. Vtech flash is best bang for the buck. I'm seeing 73 on my rxtx 260. Used to 68ish sometimes 69

Quote Originally Posted by rxpxlaketapps View Post

Thanks for the help.

You sure you really want full reverse at top speed?

If you really do then i can enable it in the software but would not recommend it for you/ your ski´s health..

And its not just based on gps speed a lot of other factors.

6. +1 by:

+1
    I have pulled reverse at 75 all summer long, no issues at all, talk about a rooster tail!!!

+1
    You did what?

9. +1 by:

Try an experiment. Go WOT long enough to get to near top speed. Yank in the brake at the same time you get out of the throttle and count 1 1000, 2 1000. See how long it takes till the ski start slowing down in a big way. That stuff is all in the programming of the ECU. My bet is the ECU chops the throttle blade angle and waits for the RPM to drop to some programmable RPM before the plates descend.

I think there is a thread where the Motec guys were playing with this stuff and did a high speed dismount.

Here is data off a test when we were documenting the brakes on my RXPX. A was comparing accel rates on the RXPX compared to my FZ1.

http://www.ncs-stl.com/fz1/Accel%20F...oo%20RXP-X.png

Andy

+1
    I did this with vtech as well as motec, there is less than a second if delay, it doesn't plow the front end it works the same as pulling it at lower speeds. The motec thread you are referring to was discussing throttle along with brake activation, this can be set in motec to allow throttle while braking which would no doubt cause a dismount. After over 30 hours of riding for a full season I feel the brake can safely be pulled at 70or below. I don't plan on testing it any faster than 75 though.

Quote Originally Posted by VTECH.SE View Post
    And its not just based on gps speed a lot of other factors.
    That was what I was wondering. I figured if the reverse issue was the only down side, I don't really care what speedo says as long as the machine does what it can like it was in Europe.

Its got a two year warrantee, seems like most of the problems happen in the first 20 hours, so I'll wait until next year and it will be like a bought a new ski agian, that I know that I will not be able to get through next winter without breaking out the tool box. Seems wierd, but I like to work on the snowmobile in the summer, the jet skis in the winter and the rzr a week before going to the dunes...

Thanks for the input -

My yamalog will get to about 45 degrees nose down (handle bars under water) at full WOT reverse at 50mph, compared to 75, 50 is still plowing...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information