Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Opinions on gp1300r

My buddy is selling a gp1300r black and silver mint ski and trailer. It's black and good I believe it's a 2009. The one guy I ride with has the 1200 and its a great ski and he's a wild man when jumping during storms int the ocean. How is the 1300? Are there and problems or preventative items to look out for? It's clean and only 50 hrs on it. What's a good price?

+1
    Yamaha stopped building GP1300R's in 2008. Last two digits of hull number will tell the model year.
    I believe GP1200R & 1300 share same hull so motor & pump would be your differences of any consequence.
    1300 gets you fuel injection so no carbs to rebuild. Depending on year 1300 may not have powervalves to deal with either.
    Get it, it's a great ski. You can put $1500 in it in mods and keep up with about factory ski made today.
    As for price, hard to say. Model year, salt use, mods, trailer included, overall condition, many factors.
    Search classifieds here and Craigslist to get a feel for pricing.
    What ever you do, ride it before you buy it and do a compression check.
    Good Luck.

+1
    being the gp1300r freak! i'd start by sayin they never made a black and silver model.. are you sure its not a 1200?
    08- blue, 06+07-black/gold, 03-05 white with different color decals. post a pic if your not sure!

and i believe the powervalves were 03-05 but dont quote me on that. I got mine last year for $2900 at the end of the season but now coming to the start of the season i'd say $3500 is a fair price.
    they're not much different than the 1200, obviously a bit faster and depending on the year, slightly diffferent pump and hull.
    great for jumping waves and can keep up with many of the 4-strokes (the supercharged ones may be lookin back at you though!)

50 hours is pretty low, mine is at 120 (but thats normal for 10 years old). compression test is a must! and if you do purchase it a good mod to start with (if not already done) is the d-plate in place of a cat. converter. makes the engine run cooler and ands 1-2mph. its recommended by most dealers. other than that just have fun and ride!

+1
    Hello, the last year Yamaha made the GP 1300 R was 2008. It is all deep blue top & black bottom. The 06 -7 were black & gold, so most likely your friend has made some color mods to an older ski. I have an 08 I bought in Oct 2012 with only 27 total hours the only mods were Cat / D-plate. I paid top dollar @ $4500. (Like new condition). When I got it, the top speed GPS was hovering around 65 on calm water ... I added a SS800 IntakeGrate, R&D ride plate, Solas Dyna 14/20 prop, and pump shoe stuffed-kit and stepped the sponsons. Now i get around 70 to 72 depending on conditions. My cost so far for the mods I have added is still around $600.00 but we are talking absolute "like New" condition. Good luck the GP 1300 R's are fast and fun to ride.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    Hello, the last year Yamaha made the GP 1300 R was 2008. It is all deep blue top & black bottom. The 06 -7 were black & gold, so most likely your friend has made some color mods to an older ski. I have an 08 I bought in Oct 2012 with only 27 total hours the only mods were Cat / D-plate. I paid top dollar @ $4500. (Like new condition). When I got it, the top speed GPS was hovering around 65 on calm water ... I added a SS800 IntakeGrate, R&D ride plate, Solas Dyna 14/20 prop, and pump shoe stuffed-kit and stepped the sponsons. Now i get around 70 to 72 depending on conditions. My cost so far for the mods I have added is still around $600.00 but we are talking absolute "like New" condition. Good luck the GP 1300 R's are fast and fun to ride.
    Not seeing how a grate, plate and prop is pushing you to 72 mph. The Ppk n sponsons isn't doing anything for top speed. 7 mph gain that's pretty crazy just for those three bolt ons. If indeed true that's a huge gain for little money. Send plate out for more speed

+1
    Well shows what little you know ... I have modded intake grate and pump shoe and modded ride plate were " Dyna-Coated" the slickest friction-reducing medal coating treatment you can have. Also with the 14/20 repitch prop. All screw holes filled, and the ride plate angle adjustment .... I used a Garmin E-trex GPS and did speed runs with 5 gals of fuel on cool mornings and my speeds were consistent 70 + So I dont know what to tell you ... other than that the way it is! I suppose when I get the 3 degree keyway & fuel controler I would hope for even a few more mphs. Do you have a GP 1300 ? Have you been tweeking it ever so much ...
    Thanks for for inqury ... let me know how you are making out with your rebuild. Good luck

Banned User
    +1
    buffing, waxing, or putting on snake oil does not make our ski faster
    n.Modding your grate sponsons nd shoe do nothing for top speed. I'm guessing after our next two bolt ons you will be mid 70s. You must really have that hull dialed in

Rebuild has been done for quite a while

+1
    I dont know you ... just what I read on GH. Not sure why it is so hard for you to grasp that a well tuned prestine 27 hr machine with no engine mods & just hull mods can do 70+ GPS. I know for certain I am not the only one having these kind of results with out touching the engine. The shop that did all my parts coating have had others who did pull simular numbers. I see that you have an older modified (engine) GP1200. I would hope that you are having success pushing the 70 MPH Gps speeds. I will be @ the June MB .... we can make a few runs if you so choose. I also have a 01 GP1200R, with Riva stage II mods with also mod heads ... but not FF
    exhaust I am getting around 68 GPS on it. I will bring both you will be welcome to ride them ... they both have GPS mounts and see for yourself. Please post some pics & numbers on your most recent rebuild. Your engine knowledge i am sure is much more advanced than mine currently. But I keep tweeking / tuning. Should have 3 degree keyway on by then. Good luck

Banned User
    +1
    im not quite sure how much faster a stock 1300r is compared to a stock 1200r, maybe thats the huge difference. the motor is sitting in my basement wrapped up. just need to pressure wash the hull and run my new water hoses. im anal and the existing ones are kind of dirty so i want everything to be new or like new. once i get the rxp on the water and my boats i will continue on gp1200r. guessing end of may it will done, but not making nay promises and in no hurry by any means. i will def post pics once i continue the build and get some gps numbers. should be mid 80s no problem with everything being fresh. previous owner had it gpsd at 84.? but then again he could be full of shit. i have talked to numerous guys with same or close to same mods and said thats very doable with this machine. i just cant wait to hear the triples pop and burble for the first time. id love to spectate at mudbug buts thats over 1000 miles away, will watch the locals vids.

you got power filters on there? with some more air for that machine to breathe and set high compression heads and key way should be mid 70's no problem i would guess.

+1
    Hello thatdude596, I sent an e-mail to Riva racing ... about what kind of results I should be getting with my 08 GP1300R and the II mods they sold me. I should have a reply back with in a day or so. I also put a call into PolyDyn Corp. about the results they are being reported. Hope to have some data to share. Please go to WFO performance.net and you too can use the same vendors I chose. They will gladly answer your reply about achieving 70+ GPS with the mods they recommended for my ski. Their next selection was to hold off on the Fuel Controler until I install the 3 degree keyway ... they suggested this in lieu of the reflash mod. Said I would get same results for top-end and cost less overall. About $350 on fuel controler & $4.00 on keyway. I will pull front housing off and do keyway install while engine is still in ski. Good Luck

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information