Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thought it was this, thought it was that...

So I had this bogging issue, thought it was plugs, then thought a sensor was clogged that I broke when I took out, dropped it in the water with fresh plugs and a new sensor and same trouble, weird thing is when I took the seat off it seamed to get more power.....???..... So anyways long story short the boot on the exhaust manifold to muffler popped a hole in it.... Has this ever happened to anyone before? I took the mufflers out a while ago and am guessing that I possibly did not get it put in snug.. Or maybe it was dried up or something.... Went to napa luckily they had every different size of rubber exhaust boots for the jet boats.. And it runs like a champ again

+1
    What ski. Depending on the model you may burn this hose first trip out if the cause o the problem was not fixed.

2007 ultra LX, and it there were these odd snap rings on the manifold where the muffler connects to... I wasn't really sure what those were all about

+1
    That is exactly why I was asking. Time to replace them. Be sure to put the gap 180 degrees from each other. Put some freezer tape around them when you put everything together. It will hold them in place.

Oh shit, is there a DIY on here, I'm not even sure the purpose of those things, or how there even suppose to look, or where to get them, would napa have something ?

+1
    You can get them at you dealership or here in the forums online store. Just click on th oem parts banner up top and follow the prompts. I am just on my phone otherwise I woul link you to the direct part.

K, I found them on there, any idea of the purpose of those things? Does it just hold the boot on better? 180 from eachother, meaning snap ring opening on top and other one on bottom?

+1
    It is strictly to stop the exhaust from getting out and melting the hose. There is no water there to keep it cool enough to protect the hose.
    Yes the gap opposite from each other. Be sure it is freezer tape and not duct tape.

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    I have had good luck with electrical tape and paper tape.

Sean

K, thanks guys... I just ran the ski pretty far up river with no problems, I will get that thing buckled up. I want to make sure it's 100% reliable before I take it in the ocean...

There's also that tab on the muffler that sits in the hull, I believe with an inch of room before it notches... Think it would be a good idea to put something in between there so the muffler can't slide back? Or would that matter?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information