Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

My 03 XP-DI build

So.. after much debating with myself and the rest of the household.. and after drooling over the new seadoos for quite a while.. ive come to the conclusion, that I just cant beat the performance of my XP, considering cost, etc., etc. .. without going after a huge ass loan. And while a new ski is definitely nice.. im not too sure that I want that kind of outlay..

Ive decided to rebuild my XP to a point, where its basically a new ski..
    here is what im considering:

- rebuilt 951. either through PPG, or SES.. cost being a factor, but i want the most bullet proof engine I can get between 1500-2000.
    - the level one kit from PPG.. the one reason I want a new ski is performance.. So why not upgrade?
    - Rebuilt pump. I need to figure out what impeller I want..

my first priority is to be solid mechanically. Then I want some economical performance.. I dont need to do 70, but id rather get to 65 damn quick. and I dont need to go to the gas station every two hours..

any opinons or thoughts? any recomendations? comments?

+1
    ...im also wondering.. if it would even be possible to add a reboarding step ? thats one feature I really like on the new ones.. that and reverse.. but i can live without the reverse.. last year, i fell of the ski more times than i ever have on any other.. mainly because i was pushing my limits..

+1
    PPG will not sell you a level one kit without a broke in engine. I had mine rebuilt by them and Glen wanted me to put at least 10 hours on it before I upgraded. You know my story, (short in my system fried 2 mpems so I threw in the towel and parted out my machine) The level one kit is really worth it. Awesome to ride and the combination with that hull and the power. It is the best machine out there. I have since bought a 2000 XP so I am on to my next mod project.

Good luck you will love it when its done.

+1
    Thanks for your advice Diamond! Appreciate it!
    .. Some options are still on the table..

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    DI's are finicky and you need to understand them before jacking with them.....oh and buy a CANDoo system,...you'll need it i promise

+1
    We have a re flashed DI from PPG and the head mod etc and it does work but if you spent the same money on a carb model you will get a lot more HP and speed.
    I wouldn't say its the best machine out there but it wakes it up for sure.
    We only ride surf so top speed isn't everything for us but reliability is and it is as good as our carb models as long as you look after them

+1
    +1 on the carbed models and the candoo.

+1
    Now I am just trying to get an idea on where I want the Rebuild done.. I want a quality rebuild, but I cant spend more than the ski is actually worth.. But Again, I think its the MOST important part of my build..

I want a ski that will at least last a summer or two before breaking again.. I dont want to have trouble every time out on the water like this last year.. one, that nickel and dimed me to death.. just catching up on maintenance and running things out and through was a beotch.. two, its really embarrasing to get pulled in by the fire-rescue department to the the beach party, with all your friends hanging out and watching whats going on.

+1
    I talked with Glen Perry this morning, and I believe I will send it to him for a full on rebuild from PPG. I'm comfortable with that, and believe the setup will be great for my rding stle. I'm hard on equipment, and its full throttle almost anywhere I go.. I love it when the lake gets choopy.

+1
    Good move going with PPG. They will hook you up right. Honest people and very professional. I cannot tell you how many times I have called them for advise. They are always willing to help.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information