Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

fx and vxs front storage size

Hi guys,

i am new here and i am on the hunt for a PWC, i was looking into the GTR but i am not a fan of the only sea doo dealer around here and it sounded like there service department is really busy working on them in the summer so i started looking more towards yamaha. I know that the vxs storage rating is small but what can you actually fit into it? I would like to be able to store some sort of a anchor, a couple small fold up chairs, small cooler and a couple towels and stuff like that. I am concerned that i wont be able to fit this stuff on even a FX series. They have more storage but i know its broken up into a few spots. Is the rear compartment big enough for a small anchor of some sort on the FX or is it just barely big enough for a tow rope? I was able to go look at the storage on the GTR which is mostly one giant compartment that im confident i could fit all the stuff that i mentioned but the yamaha dealer around here does not have any on the floor yet, still wrapped for winter...

+1
    U are not putting any type of folding chair in a vxs/ vxr . Unless u pull the motor!!

3. +1 by:

+1
    U can ck out my album for ideas on space if u want.

yeah after looking at the storage space on that i think the vxs is going to be out of the question... i have a feeling that the fx's front compartment is not going to be much larger... i would be fine would little storage space but im trying to keep the girlfriend happy and make sure that we can bring plenty of things with us along the way...

+1
    Can't see any kind of chair other than a couple of three legged stools or stadium chairs going into the latest FX either. I think the fwd compartment is about/just short of 100 litres (say 25 US gal in medieval units ), if you could use every last bit.

I can get into it (easily, at the same time):

A couple of wetsuits, a couple or three PFD's, sand anchor, small plastic cooper anchor, piece of rope, wipe down cloth and a small soft cooler (six pack size). That's about it...

That's obviously on the trailer, some of that in use riding around!

chrs jc

+1
    You can probably rig up some kind of bungee cord system to mount the chairs on the rear deck via the rear grab handle/tow hook/stern tie downs. I just lay out on towels when I pull up to a beach. One of the guys I ride with has the Kawi Ultra LX which undoubtedly has the most storage on a modern PWC and no way can he fit any type of chair into it. Maybe if you get an inflatable and carry a bicycle hand pump?

+1
    The new FX has more storage up front due to the wider hull, but you lose a little in back because of the smaller rear tub. Also, since they moved the fire extinguisher up front like the FZ, you give back a little of the front storage capacity too. The front storage on the VX has enough room for a little six pack cooler, a small fold-up anchor & some towels, but not much else.

You can also get a little more room to pack stuff on the VX with one of these add-on tubs from Riva:
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1661

so it looks like i will be looking for a FX series, or possibly going back to the gtr and hoping that i wont have to deal much with the local dealer.... Is the front storage on the fzs similar to the fx or closer to vx series? I would be interested in a fzs too but i dont really want to have to put money in it right away replacing the intake grate to make it safe to ride. I wish my yamaha dealer would start unwrapping his winterized inventory so i can go look at them... Also i found a 2012 fx sho cruiser for 12999, plus tax and trailer, do you guys think this is a good deal? I think it would be if i could get him to come down on his 800 asking price for the trailer, and would i be able to switch seats to the normal seat if i bought this?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by vtrider View Post
    Is the front storage on the fzs similar to the fx or closer to vx series?
    It's a little smaller than the new FX, but still much bigger than the VX

+1
    I think you should be able to do better on price...the dealer is getting a $500 rebate and at least 2 years of warranty on 2012 models.

Bottom line is you choose the price, the dealer decides if they accept your offer.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information