Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A few questions from a total N00b & big guy! (let the debate begin!)

Hey Guys - Awesome forum!! I've been lurking for a few months and am getting closer and closer to pulling the trigger on a new ski.

Now, before I make my decision on a ski - I need to ask a few of you some advice on a couple of things... (and please don't let this go off on a Yami vs. Kawi bash fest) lol.

1. I'm a bigger guy and I'm concerned about re boarding some of these ski's. The last PWC I rode was in Mexico and I almost didn't make it back on out in the middle of the ocean. Thank God a friend was with me, and was able to help me back on! The condition of the ski was less than perfect and it was definitively an older ski. Not sure if it was a two stroke or not, no reboarding step. Which ski do you recommend for a bigger guy that wont sink when getting back on? Easiest Ski to re-board? I'm 6'4" 380lbs (yeah yeah, working on it!)

2. If said ski is an SHO - are these ski's able to carve it up and have just as much fun as the others? I've gotten the impression that the 12-13 SHO just isn't AS fun as some of the others and behaves more like a boat.

Any general advice? (yes, i'm working on my weight, down 25 lbs over the last 2 mos.)

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    from my person experience, i am 5'10" 330ish.... i ride a kawi ultra 250. its comfortable for me. it does have a boarding step but i dont think its ever been used

+1
    I'm a big guy and I have no problems getting back on my fzs. Any of the newer skis will be fine for 300lb plus guys IMO.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    pm forum member tiny. he in the 6 foot and over club not as heavy as i am but a big dude none the less. he rides an rxpx260 and likes it.

5. +1 by:

+1
    I understand your concerns ... you will have to stay away from the older skis. (all 2-strokes) Most late model 4-strokes will bi big & stable enough to handel your size allow for a remount. The bording ladder will most def help. You do realize you are for the most part always going to be solo on your ski ..... there is one ski that will aford you a shot @ 2 person ride, the Yamaha SUV ...goodluck & have fun

+1
    I'm 6'6" and 330 and love my FZS. It is very stable and although I have never had to use the re-boarding step I think it would work fine. I would just stay away from the smaller skis. My GPR that I had was very difficult to re-board for me because it would not stay put while trying to get up on it.

+1
    Anything with a boarding step and 3 seat capacity will work. Be careful with cruiser seats.

Thanks, guys. How well do these steps actually work? Anyone with first hand experience?

Which ski do you guys recommend?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SoIntense54 View Post
    Thanks, guys. How well do these steps actually work? Anyone with first hand experience?

Which ski do you guys recommend?
    Personally I think they suck but they work. For a big guy you will probably kneel on the step? Ya that won't feel so good but you will make it back on. I love my fzs and would recommend it to anyone any size.

11. +1 by:

+1
    I'm bigger than anyone on here. I can say that you'll be fine with any new ski with a boarding ladder. The 2012+ FX is probably the easiest because the step comes down like 2 feet, but any should be stable enough for you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information