Thread: shes 2 for 2!

shes 2 for 2!

sunday the water was nice and my wife asked me to take her fishing as an early birthday outing. before she could finish asking i was almost done loading up! we made our way to ynae harbor and slid in the water by 100. thinking that we were just gonna hang on the inside i just brought my 50s, but the water was so nice my wife wanted to venture out to the bouys, so we made our way to r, made a couple passes then headed to s. halfway there one of my reels started screaming, the first run took me down to a quarter spool. had to chase the fish down twice, got it secured and made our way back to the harbor and was in by 330. so far shes 2 for 2 and both were marlin. good times!:hali_olutta:heres a short video. enjoy!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=KMDrguE4YQU

+1
    That was outstanding ... What a day you both had! Keep the pics coming

+1
    club that marlin!! sweet catch

A dreamr me. Unfortunately around Mobile, those type of fish are way to far offshore to be reached by watercraft. Nice job on the catch.

Quote Originally Posted by maka View Post
    sunday the water was nice and my wife asked me to take her fishing as an early birthday outing. before she could finish asking i was almost done loading up! we made our way to ynae harbor and slid in the water by 100. thinking that we were just gonna hang on the inside i just brought my 50s, but the water was so nice my wife wanted to venture out to the bouys, so we made our way to r, made a couple passes then headed to s. halfway there one of my reels started screaming, the first run took me down to a quarter spool. had to chase the fish down twice, got it secured and made our way back to the harbor and was in by 330. so far shes 2 for 2 and both were marlin. good times!:hali_olutta:heres a short video. enjoy!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=KMDrguE4YQU
    Unreal! Great day and it was your wife's idea - your double blessed. Nice rod holders for the 50's any close up pictures of how you mounted those holders?

great video , you have a great partner in crime,that pretty handy with a mase...... Nice simple and clean set up on your ski......

Aloha!
    Thanks for the kind words guys! Yes I'm blessed to have a wife that enjoys doing the same things as i. My rod holders are compression style shotguns that I just cut the top flange off and had it welded to a bracket that I got rolled to match the contour of the back of the ski. I wanted to keep it simple and clean, but beefy enough to handle some big pelagics. I'll post some pics soon. Tight lines......
    Aloha maka

Thread Information