Thread: RXTX 2010 help

RXTX 2010 help

I'll be going to erik @ SFR but want to get opinions first

2010 RXTX, SCOM, 4" kana, catchcan, Solas prop (basically statge 1 from riva)

Top speed is my goal (without doing a true reflash) but I need to keep it at stock RPM's

I've got the stock 87mm nozzle on it, but just bought the 83 and have yet to test it as we still have about 2 feet of ice on the lakes (and a pile of snow).

The question is will a properly tuned prop with the 87mm nozzle be as fast as a properly tuned prop with the 83mm nozzle???

I don't want to lose any low end power but if the 83 will get me more top end, I'd make that tradeoff. What are your thoughts

How much will i gain from the 83 nozzle once it's pitched properly.

Last year I spun the prop on the shaft and had it all replaced but was only seeing 7820-7840 on the SRZ-15/22R (73.4 was my best) so I bought a SRZ-15/21 (now only saw 72.1) thinking it would increase my RPM, and now I'm all over the rev 8120-8160. So it needs to go to Erik either way.

I know my issue is that I'm over-reving

The other question is I about the set back mod? Can you do a SB mod to a SRZ prop? does it help? Is there a point to doing it to that SRZ? I know you need to for the SRX but not sure about the SRZ?

What other thoughts and suggestions do you have for a newbie that want's the best top speed without going with a different ECU and higher RPM limit? I really want to get to 75, hope it's possible.

+1

Thanks TommyG, i've read it before but 139 is a bit daunting, so I went ahead and read all 139 pages (again) and still have a few questions

The question is will a properly tuned prop with the 87mm nozzle be as fast as a properly tuned prop with the 83mm nozzle??? Specific to the stock ECU w/scom? I know going to 8300+ it would be a benefit, just not sure about the stock ECU

In the other thread it seemed as if most guys did this mod when going to the 8300 or higher rev limiter which I don't want to do, will it help with the SCOM only? Riva sells the 83mm nozzle for stage 2 but not for stage 1 which I have and which is why I'm asking.

reading it again did answer my question on if I should SB mod my SRZ with a resounding YES!!!
    Last edited by seadooguy80; 04-12-2013 at 03:47 PM.

+1
    My opinion....if you're staying with a SCOM I won't waste you're time with a nozzle change. It's going to be real hard to hit 75 with just the GPS delimited. You might see it on the wishgauge(dash) but running it all day long with a GPS is unlikely.
    I've been where you're at. From my experience, I would tell you to flash with Vtech to the 8350 tune(should put you at a solid 75-76). Have Erik pitch to that RPM. Pick up a R&D intake grate. Then just enjoy the ski.
    No more mods...no more $ after that. If you do, get rdy to spend the big bucks and get ADDICTED!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadooguy80 View Post
    I'll be going to erik @ SFR but want to get opinions first

2010 RXTX, SCOM, 4" kana, catchcan, Solas prop (basically statge 1 from riva)

Top speed is my goal (without doing a true reflash) but I need to keep it at stock RPM's

I've got the stock 87mm nozzle on it, but just bought the 83 and have yet to test it as we still have about 2 feet of ice on the lakes (and a pile of snow).

The question is will a properly tuned prop with the 87mm nozzle be as fast as a properly tuned prop with the 83mm nozzle???

Absolutely, I have TWO pumps one with a 87mm nozzle, a SFR 12.5/19 and the 2nd pump with a custom pitch from DUKE with an 83mm nozzle. Same speed 81.5mph last year. 87mm for Texas heat and 83mm for cool weather months. Hole shot is noticeably BETTER with the 87mm and great in the heat but all over 8800+ rpm in the cool months.

I don't want to lose any low end power but if the 83 will get me more top end, I'd make that tradeoff. What are your thoughts

How much will i gain from the 83 nozzle once it's pitched properly.

NOTHING, because of the SCOM limitations as stuckmoto said. You are hitting up against the 8040 rpm stock ecu limit, and will NOT change until you re-flash the ECU.

If you simply install the 83mm nozzle with your current impeller you will lose 150-200 rpm and lose hole shot and acceleration.

Last year I spun the prop on the shaft and had it all replaced but was only seeing 7820-7840 on the SRZ-15/22R (73.4 was my best) so I bought a SRZ-15/21 (now only saw 72.1) thinking it would increase my RPM, and now I'm all over the rev 8120-8160. So it needs to go to Erik either way.

You may have momentary excursions above 8040, but the stock ecu will always pull back to keep you at 8040rpm or below. Keep your display in CURRENT rpms and watch what it does. The historical/ max rpm readouts are worthless.

I know my issue is that I'm over-reving

The other question is I about the set back mod? Can you do a SB mod to a SRZ prop? does it help? Is there a point to doing it to that SRZ? I know you need to for the SRX but not sure about the SRZ?

The SRZ impellers are ALREADY setback.

What other thoughts and suggestions do you have for a newbie that want's the best top speed without going with a different ECU and higher RPM limit? I really want to get to 75, hope it's possible.
    It is possible to get to 75mph with the 83mm nozzle, and tune for 8000 rpm, but it will take a lot of work on impeller pitching to get there. You will most definitely lose hole shot and acceleration compared to the 87mm setup you have now.

Remember, it not always the fastest guy that wins but the guy that gets there quicker! I personally like the shear hole shot and acceleration over the top speed, having BOTH is the real challenge.....

Until you are ready to ditch the SCOM and re-flash the ecu I suggest you pitch your current impeller to stay right at 8000rpm, keep the 87mm nozzle and have fun.

Thread Information