Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

jet ski security

Has anyone ever put like a key or something on their ski. The reason that I ask is because every now and then when I ride I stop and get lunch and leave the ski in the water at the dock. I tend to be kinda paranoid that someone is going to steal it because it only has the little safety kill switch. What have you done security wise?

+1
    Pull one of the ignition plugs to the spark plugs, but leave it on top so it looks like it is on there. If someone jumped on it and tried to start it and it didn't they will most likely move to the next one. They are not going to take the seat off trying to figure out why it won't start.

A small waterproof switch anywhere in the ignition circuit will do the trick. Just make sure you hide the switch and seal your splice up real good to prevent corrosion from killing your wiring. Or something as simple as a battery disconnect switch near the battery.

4. +1 by:

+1
    This would also be an effective theft deterrent. So effective he even left the lanyard in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1410d1332596126-jet-ski-security-dog-ski.jpg 
Views:	638 
Size:	141.1 KB 
ID:	298259

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Oilfieldtrash82 View Post
    A small waterproof switch anywhere in the ignition circuit will do the trick. Just make sure you hide the switch and seal your splice up real good to prevent corrosion from killing your wiring. Or something as simple as a battery disconnect switch near the battery.
    That is kinda what I was thinking. Because some people are not stupid it would take what 5 seconds to lift the seat and check plug wires

+1
    If they really wanted it, couldn't they just put a rope on it and tow it away?

+1
    I know

+1
    That's been my primary concern when leaving the skis in a slip overnight, even though they both have factory security systems that doesn't prevent someone from just towing them away. If you're at a dock or in a slip, you could always buy a decent security cable and loop it though the bow eye then through the dock cleat, lock it with a padlock. It's not foolproof, but would take someone serious about stealing it to actually get it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 992door View Post
    Has anyone ever put like a key or something on their ski. The reason that I ask is because every now and then when I ride I stop and get lunch and leave the ski in the water at the dock. I tend to be kinda paranoid that someone is going to steal it because it only has the little safety kill switch. What have you done security wise?
    Don't you have a trunk monkey? just kidding. You should put one of those alarm on your ski that said get the f--k away from my ski or my trunk monkey will break your legs It suck that you have to worry about asshole out there that will steal your ski. Maybe get a pager car alarm.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 992door View Post
    That is kinda what I was thinking. Because some people are not stupid it would take what 5 seconds to lift the seat and check plug wires
    What would stop them from looking for a kill switch? Either way they could watch you pop the seat and flip the kill switch or pull the spark plug wire. The only thing you can do is make it a little harder. If they want it they will take it. If you want peace of mind get insurance, no cables or locks or kill switch is going to prevent someone from coming with bolt cutters or towing it away.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information