Lightbulb 92 vxr has issues

I got a 92 vxr for free last year. I attempted to rebuild the carb. The screws that hold the plate over the low speed jet?? I think, I don't remember, we're rusted over so they couldn't be removed. I rebuild the rest of it, and it would run occasionally on the hose. I took it to water, and it could make it about 30 feet before dying. This was last year. Yesterday, I got it on the hose, and it ran for about 2 minutes. It wouldn't idle, and it stayed revved up pretty high. It ran out of gas, and would never start again. I tried today, with no success. It has spark, and some amount of fuel,( too much, too little). It pops my thumb off when I try and hold it there, but I don't have a compression tester. It also has a small right next to the plug hole that I do not know what was caused by. It's right on the compression washer of the plug, and I think fuel leaks out of it. If fuel comes out, then air definitely can. Can anyone on here tell me what the problem it?? Or does anyone know how many turns out I should start with the high and low speed screws?

This is a pic of the hole by the plug

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	298370

+1
    Does the hole go all the way through or is it just pitted. From the looks of the hole it is more than likely leaking compression at the hole. It looks like the head needs replacing or if the hole isn't all the way through you could find a taper sealing plug that is basically the same as what you are using if that came to it and you didn't mind rigging it. As far as the other problem it sounds like you need to go back through the carbs. If you can't get them disassembled all the way and cleaned and set back wright it will always give trouble.

+1
    Do this to the poor jetski and get a new one.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	35lf5gk.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	7.1 KB 
ID:	298459

The hole hole doesn't go all the way through, it is just pitted. I was thinking of fillin it with some jb weld, but what's a taper plug, and where can I get one?

Start w the main problem... It won't start if its blowing ur finger off it has enough compression to run I've see. A ski run w 85.

U said the screws over the pilot jet couldn't come off.. Ok we'll ur main jet and ur pilot jet are both under that plate and u gota get them off. If it was me I'd replace the carb if u could t get the 2 Phillips shrews off,
    Is there fuel going to the carb?
    Try dumping fuel down the spark plug holes about a table spoon size. If it starts then make sure ur getting fuel to ur carb how olds the gas?

+1
    It is a real common plug as far as the sealing area. Instead of sealing with a washer it has a taper. As far as JB weld if it will stay in there you would need to make sure the sealing area is true. It would be better to carry it to a machine shop and let them weld it and machine it so the plug can make a good seal.

Or u could buy a used good head for like 30 bucks 650 motor I got one that isn't pitted

+1
    Take that rear driveline cover off and see if the rear seal has popped out. It's pretty common.

Thread Information