Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Over heating with new motor

Hi guys, still pretty new to the PWC world. Have had a Ultra 300X for 2 years now. Last year the craft was rolled over and the motor seized. Took it to a shop who had worked on other PWC's before but not the 300X. I got it back after 5 months of work, June till October. They rebuilt the motor and when I got it in October I took it out for a day. It got an over heating error and went into limp mode. Took it back to the shop who said that they flushed the cooling system as they think it was something I "sucked up". Took the craft back, winter came and I didn't take it out till this past Friday. After 6 minutes of full throttle...again limp mode due to over heating. I'm getting in contact with the shop but are there any ideas on what could be causing this, what to look for? I don't have much faith in these guys now, planning to take it to a different shop but before I do and take legal action I have to give this shop a good faith chance. I'm hoping some of you could help in determining what is causing this. Thanks.

+1
    Hoses routing maybe. Find a shop manual a make sure all the hoses are connected at the right place

QUOTE=xbox4414;2144350]Hi guys, still pretty new to the PWC world. Have had a Ultra 300X for 2 years now. Last year the craft was rolled over and the motor seized. Took it to a shop who had worked on other PWC's before but not the 300X. I got it back after 5 months of work, June till October. They rebuilt the motor and when I got it in October I took it out for a day. It got an over heating error and went into limp mode. Took it back to the shop who said that they flushed the cooling system as they think it was something I "sucked up". Took the craft back, winter came and I didn't take it out till this past Friday. After 6 minutes of full throttle...again limp mode due to over heating. I'm getting in contact with the shop but are there any ideas on what could be causing this, what to look for? I don't have much faith in these guys now, planning to take it to a different shop but before I do and take legal action I have to give this shop a good faith chance. I'm hoping some of you could help in determining what is causing this. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by xbox4414 View Post
    Hi guys, still pretty new to the PWC world. Have had a Ultra 300X for 2 years now. Last year the craft was rolled over and the motor seized. Took it to a shop who had worked on other PWC's before but not the 300X. I got it back after 5 months of work, June till October. They rebuilt the motor and when I got it in October I took it out for a day. It got an over heating error and went into limp mode. Took it back to the shop who said that they flushed the cooling system as they think it was something I "sucked up". Took the craft back, winter came and I didn't take it out till this past Friday. After 6 minutes of full throttle...again limp mode due to over heating. I'm getting in contact with the shop but are there any ideas on what could be causing this, what to look for? I don't have much faith in these guys now, planning to take it to a different shop but before I do and take legal action I have to give this shop a good faith chance. I'm hoping some of you could help in determining what is causing this. Thanks.
    Is there water coming out the cooling pisser on the side ?

Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    Is there water coming out the cooling pisser on the side ?
    Yes it is.

Banned User
    +1
    And out both fittings in the back of the ski water is flowing freely out while under power?

+1
    Was the shop in santa clara? I would make sure no water lines are plugged up.

Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    Was the shop in santa clara? I would make sure no water lines are plugged up.
    Yes it's next to the air port. I assume you know the shop I'm talking about...

+1
    Yes. I know your ski. The shop is now closed down sorry.

Banned User
    +1
    Run it on the hose and see if water is coming out of the exh as well as the pisser does it run good before it over heats? And your sure its a water over temp code and not oil ? I'm thinking maybe your oil cooler lines are reversed

I will run it on water now. And yes it runs great before over heating. No hesitation and runs like new before it goes into limp mode.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information