Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

07 speedster 150 215hp.... supercharger questions.

Alright so i have done some research and searching here on the thread and its obvious that i need to replace the ceramic washers on my 07's supercharger with some steel ones. The boat has probably ~ 20-30 hours on it.

I am quite handy, have been in the car and motorcycle industry for some time and dont have issues taking things apart etc.

That stated is replacing the washers on the supercharger something that can be done by oneself or are special tools needed etc?

I am assuming that these are the proper washers for my boat.... which for two washers is a rather steep price IMO. are there other options?

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=381

Also i saw that there is someone on here that does the replacement for 50 bucks?

Thanks
    ~Ben H

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post

I am assuming that these are the proper washers for my boat.... which for two washers is a rather steep price IMO. are there other options?
    Uh sure..don't replace them then go about 4k for a new motor when it all flies apart ( and it will!)

you need to do a little more research, you'll find the supercharger repair thread and all the info you need to get it done.

Your best value is the replace everything except the wheel any of that stuff lets go and $800 is going to look like a major bargain

Buy the little wrench adapter to get off one of the bolts and you can buy the entire rebuild tool set if you want to tackle it yourself.

or

you can pull the charger yourself, then send it to Jerry & pay $75 labor ( and about parts $380 if memory serves me) and rest easy knowing your charger will run at least 100hours without a second thought.

oh yeah..welcome to GH!

+1
    Here is the thread that tells you all you need to know about the charger washer upgrade service.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=146938

Its only $50 labor to have the washers swapped out plus shipping both ways. You'll spend more then that in tools. If you only plan on replacing the clutch washers now and rebuilding the blower every 100hrs... then just mail it in and know that it will be done right.

But do this now as you are on borrowed time. Both my 07's blew the washers around 27hrs.

OH dang 50 bucks covers labor and shipping BOTH ways?!?!? definitely going to look into that.

Thanks for the quick responses, the boat will not get ran more till those craptastic ceramic washers have been replaced thats for sure.

EDIT - by the way, thank you guys for the quick responses!

+1
    that's PLUS shipping. insure the charger for replacement cost, cause if fedex/ups/usps lose it, you gotta be able to replace it with a brandy new one, unless you like taking your chances

do yourself big favor. rebuild the entire thing now. The moving parts are 6 years old and they haven't moved a whole lot in the last 6 years and boats unhook ( which stresses the slip clutch) a lot more then you might think.

(Unless of course you just put around and never run the boat wfo for 10 miles at a time) It ain't much fun pulling one off a boat.

OK thanks.

Next question, rather than start a new thread.

Wear ring and impeller. Opinions on which ones i should use.

Looking at the Solas SRX-CD-14/19 to replace my pretty banged up stocker, good choice?

$226 a good price http://www.amazon.com/Solas-Concord-...rx-cd-14%2F19?

And wear ring there seem to be umpteen options out there which is recommended?

+1
    the solas is ok. For a boat, I.d go with the oem seadoo wearing(improved type) and synthetic pump oil.

+1
    Finding the right pitch for the boats is a nightmare compared to the skis. Far less people mod boats then skis so you'll find that some general guidelines the ski guys use don't apply for that boats.

I started off with a 15/20r prop which was way to big. Even after bringing it down to a 15/18 it never ran right. I had best results from modifying the stock prop pitch... Now I know you said your stock one is damaged so that may not work out for you. If you are not going mod the boat (except maybe a 4" air) then I would suggest trying to find an OEM prop for your boat.

On the OEM prop with just a 4" CAI I was running 8080rpm which is damn near perfect.

Yeah. Its looking like the so las 14 / 19 is the best option from what I have read... Anything will be better than what I have.

BTW is there a place or sticker on the boat that I can verify the model? I thought it was an 07 speedster... But due to the collar on the supercharger, the fact I can remember having it before 07 and the fact it has sportster not speedster badging leads me to believe its an 05

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information