Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    WHOA NELLY!!!!!!!!!!!! ULTRA 300x first ride.

    Ok, first of all, I don't know if I have the adequate vocabulary to describe the "hole shot" on this thing. I had to stop on my first full throttle blast off to collect myself and let out a yelp that would make a sasquatch proud. This is a totally disgusting piece of machinery that goes excessively fast on open water. I woke up this morning with a smile still plastered all over my sun drenched face. As for the ride.... by the time I felt like it was safe to even look at my gauges for a second it was already bouncing between 67-70 mph. GOOD LORD AND 8 POUND BABY JESUS!!!!!!!

    This machine should come with the following warning: NOT INTENDED TO BE RIDDEN BY THOSE WITH POOR CORE STRENGTH, WEAK HEARTS, IRRITABLE BOWELS, HIPPIES, OR DICK CHENEY.

    I have encountered people saying that this yamaha or that ski doo will go faster...yada yada. I smoked every thing on the water yesterday, excluding a couple of fellow 300x riders. Not even close, and when I say not even close I am being generous. Now I know why the sea doo dealer said kawasaki was for racers. Hells YEAH!!!!


  2. #2
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    LA/oc
    Posts
    3,911
    +1
    129
    Good to hear you like your new ski. But just a FYI the speedo does not read over 67 even if you are going over 67 have fun with the new ski.

  3. #3
    Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,932
    +1
    151
    That sounds like my first ride

    It should almost be considered illegal to take off that fast.

    Have fun and enjoy the ski.

    Cheers, Mal

  4. #4
    This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Elephant Butte New Mexico
    Posts
    6,519
    +1
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanytoys View Post
    That sounds like my first ride

    It should almost be considered illegal to take off that fast.
    actually it is here...a full power start near a dock around here is going to get you on the black list really really fast. Did I say really?..yup really.

    Watch out for the asshats that don't recognize the ability of that ski..on a full power start you could make them misjudge and cause a collision, they see that idiotic Seadoo tv ad and they think every jetski can stop on a dime from any speed.

    Don't get reckless with your new toy...it's a consumer grade naval weapon..if you look at the geloat at just the right angle..you can see where the plasma rifle..uuhhh I mean wake board attaches.

  5. +1 by:


  6. #5
    Moderator #985 lasportsmn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Pierre Part, Louisiana
    Posts
    4,780
    +1
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by octobon View Post
    Ok, first of all, I don't know if I have the adequate vocabulary to describe the "hole shot" on this thing. I had to stop on my first full throttle blast off to collect myself and let out a yelp that would make a sasquatch proud. This is a totally disgusting piece of machinery that goes excessively fast on open water. I woke up this morning with a smile still plastered all over my sun drenched face. As for the ride.... by the time I felt like it was safe to even look at my gauges for a second it was already bouncing between 67-70 mph. GOOD LORD AND 8 POUND BABY JESUS!!!!!!!

    This machine should come with the following warning: NOT INTENDED TO BE RIDDEN BY THOSE WITH POOR CORE STRENGTH, WEAK HEARTS, IRRITABLE BOWELS, HIPPIES, OR DICK CHENEY.

    I have encountered people saying that this yamaha or that ski doo will go faster...yada yada. I smoked every thing on the water yesterday, excluding a couple of fellow 300x riders. Not even close, and when I say not even close I am being generous. Now I know why the sea doo dealer said kawasaki was for racers. Hells YEAH!!!!
    Congrats on your new ski and glad you are happy with your purchase. I see you have posted about some rides around the houston area. We are having the 1st stop of the national tour in Lake Charles May 4-5. Come take a ride and I will show you all about my ski and we can talk shop. Hell being a fellow GH Kawi section member I might even let you hold for me.
    In all seriousness feel free to PM me with anything you may have questions about.

  7. #6
    OzarkYamMonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lake Of The Ozarks
    Posts
    2,152
    +1
    295
    Congrats on your new ski the Kawi 300X is a monster .... also welcome to the Hulk! On your smokin run did come up against any modded yammis like GPR's ? the reason I say that is because around here if the 300x's get a holeshot on ya then you need a little more run to catch up & overtake but not always that difficult

  8. #7
    Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,932
    +1
    151
    Yep I have. The 300x was quicker out of the hole and then it got a little choppy so he couldn't catch up. I agree though, if it was smooth, I'd still get the holeshot but he'd get me pretty quickly I think (80mph is still faster than 75mph).

  9. +1 by:


  10. #8
    brisyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick, Canada
    Posts
    681
    +1
    59
    congrat on your new ski and welcome to the Jungle

  11. #9
    stangbang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    West Palm Beach
    Posts
    844
    +1
    129
    We need to put your theory to the test buddy!

    Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    Congrats on your new ski the Kawi 300X is a monster .... also welcome to the Hulk! On your smokin run did come up against any modded yammis like GPR's ? the reason I say that is because around here if the 300x's get a holeshot on ya then you need a little more run to catch up & overtake but not always that difficult

  12. #10
    Moderator #985 lasportsmn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Pierre Part, Louisiana
    Posts
    4,780
    +1
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by stangbang View Post
    We need to put your theory to the test buddy!
    Stang, It was put to test several times last season when we combined classes. Was not as close of a race as people thought it was going to be. I will not say which class was better than the other a 300 finished those motos in 1st.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Ultra 300X Post Ride Maintenance
    By toomanytoys in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 04-11-2017, 12:23 AM
  2. 99 Ultra 150 first ride impressions
    By Cannon in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-12-2016, 11:19 AM
  3. New Ultra 310 first ride videos
    By John Arnaut in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-02-2013, 11:57 AM
  4. RIVA'S VXR and Ultra 300X today's test ride.
    By abracadabra in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-09-2011, 10:48 AM
  5. Ultra 250, first ride report.
    By Hydrotoys in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 03-19-2007, 07:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •