Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Polaris hurricane

ok so im looking at another ski on trade me, http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=582828117
    Is this a good buy, we are talking Nz doller here, its about 3 hours from where i live so im deciding to go up and have a look, im just wondering if they are the same size as my sl 750 in length and width, as im hopping itl fit on my trailer, i really dont think there would be to much wrong with it, i quess just go through the complete fuel sytem, would there be anything else to look for on these ski that would make it run bad. is 110 psi good compression on these skis?

I transcend race Hombre! TBone14's Avatar
    +1
    Nothing unique in terms of how it would run....do your normal fuel system and compression tests. 110 compression is OK. The Hurricane is smaller than the SL750, so your trailer will be fine.

Awsome thanks tbone steak
    Quote Originally Posted by TBone14 View Post
    Nothing unique in terms of how it would run....do your normal fuel system and compression tests. 110 compression is OK. The Hurricane is smaller than the SL750, so your trailer will be fine.

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    Strap the back end down so you don't lose it off the trailer

+1
    I'd say compression is on the low side. My hurricane reads somewhere around 130-135psi in both cylinders IIRC. But, that could be gauge error too. The most important thing is that they are close to equal. More than likely it just needs some carb work. For whatever reason, the hurricanes seem to be less likely to have stator issues than the rest of the 700's.

So im going to pick up my hurricane tomorrow, could use plz help me out on what iv got to cheak before i take it out for a run, i know iv gota do all fuel lines etc. How do u know if i have the earlier stator or whatever and how do i know if its bad?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by luther.douglas View Post
    So im going to pick up my hurricane tomorrow, could use plz help me out on what iv got to cheak before i take it out for a run, i know iv gota do all fuel lines etc. How do u know if i have the earlier stator or whatever and how do i know if its bad?
    See this section from my signature links.

The hull bottom contour on the Hurricane is unusual, so you may need to shift the bunks around to get the hull to sit properly.

If the magneto stator is bad the engine will not run, or will run poorly. You can ohm check the stator coils to tell if it is old style or Gen III type. Also the CDI part number will be different if updated.

ok so iv got ski back, man what a narrow funny looking ski this is, it has a weird hull, are these ski hard to ride at all? ski up and running sweet, cheaked all carbs tank fuel lines etc etc, how reliable is the oil injection in these skis? Im thinking of ripping it all out and going 40:1 but well see, have got mfd up and running and this ski only done 61hours i couldnt believe it, also how does the bilge pump work in these things? i cant find a switch anywhere or even the float valve if it has one?

+1
    ok so iv got ski back, man what a narrow funny looking ski this is, it has a weird hull, are these ski hard to ride at all? ski up and running sweet, cheaked all carbs tank fuel lines etc etc, how reliable is the oil injection in these skis? Im thinking of ripping it all out and going 40:1 but well see, have got mfd up and running and this ski only done 61hours i couldnt believe it, also how does the bilge pump work in these things? i cant find a switch anywhere or even the float valve if it has one?
    Oil pump is reliable no reason to rip it out. The bilge has no float it runs whenever the engine is on.

+1
    also how does the bilge pump work in these things? i cant find a switch anywhere or even the float valve if it has one?
    As Drk mentioned, it does run continuously while the engine runs via the LR module, but you need to make sure it is operating and that the fuse isn't blown in the ebox.....

are these ski hard to ride at all?
    A full 10 +" narrower than the SLTs and SLXs...... oh boy!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information