+1

Screw wont get loose...

Hello,

I want to change the impeller of my ski and I've tried to take the pump out.
    Sadly the first problem occourred already, the screw that I marked on the drawing won't get loose.
    It's turning a little bit quite easily and then I feel a resistance, tunring, resistance... On a quarter turn of the screw this happens 5 or 7 times. But it's not moving out a bit
    On the drawing it looks like the screw goes into part 12, the fixing plate. Is there a nut addded to the plate, holding the screw, or is it just going into the plastic?

Any ideas what to do now?

+1
    do yourself a favor now and order both left and right fixing plates then forced that bolt out.

+1
    Keep spinning, and when it stops backing out grab it with pliers and pull. It gets stuck in the bushing. I have mine apart like 8 to 10 times already.

+1
    @Scott

Any idea how to force it out?
    The single Idea I got is to destroy/cut the fixing plate.

@Brd-Prey:

The bolt isn't backing out at all, not one millimeter. While turning the screw I pushed from the right side with a screwdriver very hard on it, but no difference...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HSCOOL View Post
    Hello,

I want to change the impeller of my ski and I've tried to take the pump out.
    Sadly the first problem occourred already, the screw that I marked on the drawing won't get loose.
    It's turning a little bit quite easily and then I feel a resistance, tunring, resistance... On a quarter turn of the screw this happens 5 or 7 times. But it's not moving out a bit
    On the drawing it looks like the screw goes into part 12, the fixing plate. Is there a nut addded to the plate, holding the screw, or is it just going into the plastic?

Any ideas what to do now?

Those plates fail quite often. The plates have brass inserts which are molded in to the plate during manafacturing. They eventually break free and begain to spin which is why you can't seem to remove the bolt. In order to change them you need to remove the battery or the IBR Motor or both depending on which side you are changing. I drilled a small hole into the plastic and brass insert and then installed an ALL or small screw driver locking the brass insert. You can then remove the bolt. The ski will also leak water if the inserts spin as their is little or no pressure on the plates/gaskets. The gaskets tend to split allowing water to enter the ski. If you are playing with props/pump etc, I would purchase a spare set as they will require changing from time to time. Tip... Use very little or no lock tite on the two bolts that secure the IBR trim ring, which will help the insert from binding up and spinning. These bolts are very long and would have to back out a good way before they would come out. Check them periodically.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    do yourself a favor now and order both left and right fixing plates then forced that bolt out.
    +1

And use NO loctite during reassembly. Snug them, DO NOT torque as per the manual.

before you buy new plates, get a drill and a small enough bit, remove battery and find the turning insert,drill into the plastic and the brass insert enough not to drill into the bolt, leave the drill bit in there and try undo the bolt, I've had 100% strike rate with this method until i did it on my own ski.
    if it doesn't work, buy some plates.

Thread Information