Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: macsboost

macsboost

anybody installed a macsboost module on a stock 12x? is it safe? is it worth it?

Thanks,

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ronixtrax View Post
    anybody installed a macsboost module on a stock 12x? is it safe? is it worth it?

Thanks,
    Talk to shredder he has had his on for over 4 years with no problems and increased performance. Also talk to mac he is a straightforward guy and supports Honda riders with good advice and products.

will do, thanks!

+1
    Hi Ronixtrax,
    Let me know if you have any questions.
    We have over a thousand in service worldwide. It has a great track record and is the best bang for the buck mod for your ski.

+1
    Not to hijack, but your module adjusts for lower octane fuel by reducing boost? Does it do the same for higher octane? I have access to 110 octane and considered running 50/50 110 and 93... but I was told that without proper compression and timing, you could actually loose power and at $10/gal, id hate to see that happen... this would only be a once or twice thing for when we get serious with our bragging rights races...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by funk_1964 View Post
    Not to hijack, but your module adjusts for lower octane fuel by reducing boost? Does it do the same for higher octane? I have access to 110 octane and considered running 50/50 110 and 93... but I was told that without proper compression and timing, you could actually loose power and at $10/gal, id hate to see that happen... this would only be a once or twice thing for when we get serious with our bragging rights races...
    You need my intercooler kit to safely run higher octane and boost. It comes with the parts needed to run up to 19psi safely. Too much octane is a waste, but the horsepower loss will be undetectable. The IC really enhances the ability of the module to increase hp.

7. +1 by:

+1
    yeah, your intercooler is on the list for next winter, it really looks like nice unit... but im just a po' white boy lol

i kinda wanted to run the race gas more for smell than anything, there are a couple stand ups in the group that run it and it smells amazing. I just wanted to make sure that i wouldnt hurt anything by doing so...

thanks for being such a helpful asset to this board and others... every post of yours i see is full of good info!

+1
    Just find u a race fuel dealer and buy the top end lube for alcohol fuel and add in 4oz to a tank. I've ran the bubblegum and strawberry cents a few times and man does it make everyone hungry . lol
    We have a VP dealer here I buy it from its about a 1.50 a ounce . I usually run it on high traffic days at the lake . so anyone I race don't mind being behind me lol

+1
    thats fine, but i cant afford $180 to fill up my ski HAHA! I did buy some oils all supercharged strawberry fuel fragrance to try, but i dont know if it has top end lube...

+1
    What I've used used was for alcohol fuel but could be addedto fast and it worked well

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information