Is this a good deal?? 2004 STX 15F LOOK AT PICTURE

I just bought a 2004 stx15f with 91 hours from my cousin. I was their when he purchased the ski in 2004 and also when ever he took it out to the river, so it was not abused other then rocks getting stuck in the intake grate. I actually would dig the rocks out. He recently just sold it to me for $2,000.00 with a zieman s-61 single ski trailer and it looks almost new. I just picked it up from being serviced and they told me my impeller needs to be replaced or re-dropped and will be about $430.00.... Did I get a good deal or is this kind of deal average?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	298743   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	298742  

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    If you are located near Ca. and are not happy I will come and pick it up for 2100 to make you feel good....lol! Great ski, buy an impeller and an impeller tool for less than or about 430 and then you can service inspect your own from now on.
    This ski requires very little maintenance and is a great performer. Oh yeah, that's a great deal.

Quote Originally Posted by rlovebk View Post
    If you are located near Ca. and are not happy I will come and pick it up for 2100 to make you feel good....lol! Great ski, buy an impeller and an impeller tool for less than or about 430 and then you can service inspect your own from now on.
    This ski requires very little maintenance and is a great performer. Oh yeah, that's a great deal.
    That's good to hear. I'm not to mechanical is this an easy thing to do?

+1
    I think you got a very good deal. now do not blow your saving you just got on having a shop do the prop change out. i can purchase a new one for around $200. and the removal believe it or not is not all that difficult. I have never done it before but desided to go for it. It took all of about 30 mins. to remove the whole pump, stator, nozzle & ride plate. then with the use of the prop-shaft removal tool ($15.00) that I purchased when I ordered the new prop. and all the info with pics is on this site. So it was kinda of fun & rewarding. Then with re-install using the sealint they will call for the total cost to DIY was less than $250.00. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by OzarkYamMonster View Post
    I think you got a very good deal. now do not blow your saving you just got on having a shop do the prop change out. i can purchase a new one for around $200. and the removal believe it or not is not all that difficult. I have never done it before but desided to go for it. It took all of about 30 mins. to remove the whole pump, stator, nozzle & ride plate. then with the use of the prop-shaft removal tool ($15.00) that I purchased when I ordered the new prop. and all the info with pics is on this site. So it was kinda of fun & rewarding. Then with re-install using the sealint they will call for the total cost to DIY was less than $250.00. Good luck
    Makes me want to do it myself but i am worried about messing up a bearing or not re-installing it correctly.

Thread Information