Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Huge thanks to Riva, and Robert!!

We spent a complete day down at Riva's raceshop Tuesday while Robert Crain made a highly simplified Harness for Athena to run on our Race ski. Previously ski was setup to run the old style Seimens ECU severly limiting our capabilities. Everyone there that we spoke with were top notch and couldn't be happer with product and help!!!

Everything was done from scratch while were there and I'm very impressed with Robert's harness building skills and tuning capabilities. There will be no factory dash, buzzers, IBR or any of the devices not needed for the race application but a few other cool things have been added! It all looks better then factory and being installed in the next couple days. Honestly believe it saves 10 pounds after removing the stock RXP harness.

For now the motor will utilize the stock FBW TB but DCCmotorsports is finishing up a different Billet model that will work better then the OEM. Robert also wired and programed the Athena to accept the Yamaha APS verses the SD TPS for better control. This service will become an option to the public and further shows the flexibilty of Athena. By using the Yamaha APS it allows the use of a regular billet throttle lever instead of the bulky SD throttle control, APS is mounted remotely inside craft.

On a side note Bo DuPriest set me up with a few new propulsion products that should dramatically help with holeshot along with a few ideas Robert has in programming.

Thanks guys!!!

Here are just a couple pics so far but we will finish everything up by this weekend and document as we go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Athena upgrade 221.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	298900   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Athena upgrade 222.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	298901  
    Last edited by Duke; 04-19-2013 at 09:22 AM.

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    In the immortal words of my ancestors......"Fuggn Badass!!!"

+1
    While you were there did you discuss the teething issues they are having? Would be nice to see them do some videos on the ECU programming and data logging software. Others do it with their products and at the end of the day it will probably save them answering emails and phone calls on basic stuff.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    Huh?
    yeah i'm on your level! Nice stuff Duke.

+1
    No one including Riva is trying to compare Athena to Motec. It's simply a very nice alternative to a reflash and the general public with a nice price point.

Robert has worked really hard making this work and I for one am excited to see potential.

We are also going to work on a simplified harness to implement the use of this new EMS to current seimens users and eliminate the IBR and everything else not needed for most.

Point of this thread was to thank Robert for all his hard work and Dave for letting this happen. Robert is one of the most helpful and smartest people I've ever met and Riva is lucky to have him.

Please don't turn this thread into the typical shitstorm of people talking to themselves and going off topic. Just take it to PMs. This is simply a thank you thread.
    Last edited by Duke; 04-19-2013 at 10:13 PM.

+1
    Very nice work and great idea to build a simplified harness.
    Hey Shrabber.You really should put the bottle down. Your sounding like even more of an ass than usual. You should stop clogging up this thread with your crap. No body cares about your race car , how fast your ski that has never ran might be, or whatever else you are trying to say in your rambling sentences.

+1
    Hey Shrabber.You really should put the bottle down. Your sounding like even more of an ass than usual. You should stop clogging up this thread with your crap. No body cares about your race car or how fast your ski that has never ran might be or whatever else you are trying to say in your rambling sentences.

Lol x2 rambling shit

+1
    Hey Shrabber.You really should put the bottle down. Your sounding like even more of an ass than usual. You should stop clogging up this thread with your crap. No body cares about your race car or how fast your ski that has never ran might be or whatever else you are trying to say in your rambling sentences.
    Truly believe there is huge potential here Jim and Robert is def the person to help us out. Was a very informative day Tuesday and really want to work on all these ideas.

9. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Truly believe there is huge potential here Jim and Robert is def the person to help us out. Was a very informative day Tuesday and really want to work on all these ideas.
    No doubt. Would love to be able to do this on my tx. Looks like it might be easier than I expected. Thanks for sharing.

+1
    No doubt. Would love to be able to do this on my tx. Looks like it might be easier than I expected. Thanks for sharing.
    There are few future add ons to this EMS that could really change the table. Don't really want to let on till we test them fully on our ski.

I'm still stuck on how cool the dash is and can't get away from that. So simple and so useful.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information